CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

FUN Readers

Sunday, May 10, 2009

BEING A MOTHER


This is what I mean...I can't always please them ALL..look
at the boys...one very too happy son..and one NOT so happy son
...look at MOM still smiling:) ha ha...



This is ME and my MOM...still love ya
even tho you dressed me like I belong on
"Little house on the Prairie" ......horrible:)



My brother's Scott and Kevin...you did good Mom:)
Just don't cut our hair EVER again:)



One of my favorite people in the world..
even tho she is my "Mother-in-law"..she
is like a sister/bestfriend...I love her so much:)




I would NOT trade this for the world...my children/my life


We Mother's all know that it isn't always an easy job...it is the second (after marriage) hardest thing in life...we want the BEST for our children and everyday we try and try to be the BEST Mom possible...I am learning as my children are getting older and there are 4, it is so hard to please them all!! I give and give myself and lose myself just so they will be happy! I am starting FINALLY learning it is Ok to say NO (they will still love me)...balance is the key..I am still not there yet..but getting closer...Somedays I want to throw the towel in and say I don't want to be a Mom anymore..it gets so hard at times..but that thought last for a second....WHAT OR WHO would I be without THEM???


Other Mom's look at me and ask me "how I do it all" it is the same with ANY Mom...you just DO...I have my UPS and DOWNS like anyone else out there:) I get inspired by other Mom's....I relate to other Mom's...I learn from other Mom's....but at the end of the day we are all the same no matter how many kids we have!!!


To be honest I never imagined myself with 4 kids,,,and if I could turn back the clocks I wouldn't have had 4...BUT with that being said (and probably not right to say) the KIDS I do have now I wouldn't trade them for NOTHING!! I was blessed with amazing, smart, caring, generous, well mannered, athletic, mouthy:) energetic, happy, loving kids!! They make me who I am today..Their is NO BOND stronger than the bond from a Mother and a child....they are going to LOVE you no matter if you are grumpy or happy!! Thank you Todd and God for these awesome kids!!!


It is funny as you grow up as a child, certain things your Mother did or said when you were little you said at the time "I will never turn into "My Mother" ...nothing against my Mom...but as a child you really don't think your OWN Mom is cool...Well I at times have TURNED INTO MY MOM:)....uuugggg I sound just like her!! But I turned out pretty damn good...Thank you Mom for being awesome..for being my teacher...being my hero....being my biggest supporter...giving me endless love...showing me the way to be the Mom I am today!!! Love you with all my heart!!


Happy Mother's Day to all you beautiful soul Mother's out there...and remember when it gets tough...hang in there as "they" will become us someday:) scary but TRUE......Love and hug your children as they are molding us into who we are today "damn good MOM'S"

10 comments:

BreeWee said...

HAPPY MOMS DAY!
You are one hot mom of 4 if ever I saw one! AND I want that dress! WAY TOO COOL!

Love the fotos, miss you like mad, hope everything is well in your world and CHEERS to another great year of motherhood!

Pedergraham said...

Hope you had a wonderful day and what a beautiful post.

Shelley said...

YOU are an amazing mother, I hope your day was the best!!!

Wes said...

Great post, Mel. When all is said and done, it's the good memories that will define us. We look back at our Mom's and take the best from them, try to improve on it, and always remember they did their best, and we love them for it!!

Damie said...

Mel! I hope you had a wonderful mother's day. I am so proud of you and all of the moms out there. You inspire me. plus, I think I am starting to feel my biological clock tick as I read your post...ha ha!!!

JC said...

Great post Mel! Hope you had a fantastic day with your beautiful children. They are fortunate to have mother who cares sooo much about them and want to BEST for them.
Happy Mother's Day!

kerrie said...

beautiful post! i hope you had a great mama's day and your kids got to spoil you!! i agree 100% with you- although it is a tough job, i wouldn't trade it for anything.
and by the way, i think you look pretty cute dressed little-house-on-the=prairie style ;)

Shan said...

Love this post! Happy Mother's Day (albeit a few days late)!! It's so clear how much you love and value your children - they are so lucky to have you as their Mom :) You're very much an inspiration for those of us who do not yet have children!!!

Lily on the Road said...

You always say it from the heart!! Hope you had a great Mother's Day. I know I'm a little late with the well wishes!

allyson said...

I have been reading your blog for a bit now, first comment. Happy Mothers day. The kids are adorable. I am amazed of what you can handle with 4 kids!