CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

FUN Readers

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

I was a QUITTER today :(


DAM IT...I could not hang today!!! The kids spent the night at their grandparents last night..so Todd and I decided to bring the New Year in by running together today, as we have NEVER ran together before,(other then being in the same race, but not running together) so we head out for a hour run. He knows how I run, I always start off way too fast and eventually have to walk..so more of a sprint...walk....sprint...He warned me, he was not going to walk with me, but at least I thought he would slow down some so I could catch up...WRONG I caught up twice, but I could not hang..the wind was killing me....I could not get my breathing down, my lungs felt like they were going to burst...I had snot smeared all over my face...Watching Todd keep going and not showing any sign of slowing down...I was like FORGET IT and did a U-turn and head home to finish my workout on the treadmil....I was so pissed at myself for giving up and being a QUITTER and not hanging in there...but then it came realistic that I need to work harder...I am a slacker when it comes to training...I will go hard at it for a couple of weeks and then come to a dead halt and then gradually pick it back up months later;...I always come up with excuses....Todd being away from home too much was always being my #1 excuse, which is true...but there are other opitions: like jumping on the treadmil after the kids are in bed...So for 2008, I need to stop the EXCUSES and work HARDER and more consistency with my running...

I have to give my husband some credit....I totally see his improvements on his running, within the last year he is getting FAST....DARN I think he can BEAT me
now :( He makes it look so EASY and I want that feeling EASY and not always a STRUGGLE for me...So here's to a better 2008!!!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE AND BEST WISHES FOR A AWESOME 2008!!!!!

2 comments:

BreeWee said...

AHHH! NO! Not the husband beating you feeling!!! My husband was a collegiate swimmer and water polo player and when we met he could kick my @$$ in the water... BUT he is not training any more and I am swimming more, but occasionally he likes to race and I want to cry when he beats me! I am with you... TRAIN hard in 08 and you get that husband of yours!!

Brooke Myers said...

Sounds like me when Bree used to ask me to run with her.. I would be trying to play tough, keep up and not give up.. I always ended up walking too and secretly was hoping she would walk or at least wait -NOPE... I hear you with the breathing - if mine is not right I am not right with the run...