CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

FUN Readers

Thursday, February 14, 2008

BAAAAAA HUMBUG!!!!!


OK, I am not a Valentine Girl...I am more of a GRINCH/GROUCH....Seriously "What really is Valentine's Day"????? A waste of money on flowers that will die in 3 days....a box of chocolates that will make us shit and get fat....A day that the guys think they will get LUCKY with some good spicy lovin (OK, I know I said I am Naughty in my mid 30's but only on my time when I want it) Not to be demanded or push into doing the dirty, just because of a stupid Valentine Day :) Are ya with me on this useless day??

Now that my kids celebrate this day at school it is forcing me to celebrate it...so YIPPEE...Happy V DAY everyone :) I was forced to go out and buy the kids something, just so they are not left out...So here is your Big, SOLID Chocolate KISS and of course have to throw a WEBKIN in there too....geeze this worthless day just cost me $75.00 Thank you, for WHO EVER created this day!! Now I need to play sick,......so I do not get my husbands hopes up for anything crazy tonight......ahhhhhhhhhhh, my stomach HURTS from all the chocolate... (AM I BELIEVABLE??????) HA!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARIT...now that is a day to celebrate...have a good one!!

If you do LOVE this day...Then happy V day to you, and Hope you have a wonderful one!!! If you do not Like this day...THANK YOU, for not making me the only Grinch out there :)

Thank you for reading, and I really do enjoy all of you :)

13 comments:

BreeWee said...

We totally love you Mel! I love this day but my Jim thinks a lot like you... so, no romantic evening here.
Maybe we should just fly to Florida and celebrate with Marit!

Anonymous said...

Oh it's so true...we love you Mel!
At least you got in the spirit enough to get some nice little things ($75 worth!!) for your kids!

I like the Florida idea...is it too late?

Kellye Mills said...

Do like I do and tell your husband no flowers thank you, but you can spend the money on a new Splish suit!! Makes it much more fun that way! :)

Happy Valentine's Day to you because we Love you for being the Frank, honest person you are!

Marit C-L said...

Yes - everyone come to Florida and we'll celebrate! Hooray!!!!! :) Thanks for the birthday wishes - very sweet! Don't worry about the humbug feelings... to each their own. Just make EVERYDAY a valenties day, and then it wouldn't be a problem, right? Err... perhaps not. Hope that you and the hubby have a great time tonight (you and your 30+ sex drive! Meow!) :)

Trigirlpink said...

Mel

Hummmmmmm... are you the Melissa Crandell that I see designing suits at Splish??? If you are, your suits are cute! I ordered one that you made.

Anonymous said...

I like Vday...the kids LOVE IT...but I spent this afternoon taking our son to the DRs office - he has strep! AHHH! So, that is lovely..BUT jerome came home with a 1 lb. bag of M&Ms (dear god) and an awesome new hot pink spring trenchcoat from the GAP.....right on! :) haha. Jen H.

Brooke Myers said...

You sure know how to make us all laugh and your blog is worth checking. It's like reading a womans magazine or something...

No thanks to Valentines for me either. Please do not spend money on the flowers, pick me some instead and write me a home made card.

Have a good one Mel...

Marni Sumbal, MS, RD said...

I love your honesty!!! I am sure lots of people love you and they show it everyday!!! Have a great Friday!

Wes said...

LOL! What happen to the naughty thirties ;-)

Dee Dee asked me last night when she got home something to the effect of "Did I not get a Valentine's Day card?"

I cracked my eye lids open long enough to say, "Do you see one?" Ahhhhh... Definitely grinch material :-) And, since I was already mostly asleep, nothing else exciting happened either! ROFL!!!

I don't mind Valentine's Day. I just think people need to relax their expectations and let it flow!

Pedergraham said...

I love your Splishies, too, Mel.

Jones said...

Thanks for the Comment. The saying, "Great minds think alike." Must be true. I totally agree with you somebody is getting rich off the 14th and it's not me! But ya if people acted like it was V-day to their spouses everyday, there would be alot more happy families.

Trigirlpink said...

We are one in the same breed! Sugar would be hard to do without for me too. Bree's bread is sweet like it has sugar in it. Yay that it doesn't! We get more than our share in other stuff I suppose.
I ordered and have worn EVERYDAY this week at masters....
your black suit with the big multi-colored flower on the front and crazy on the back. I LOVE IT!
I did modify it.. I put a big pink happy face on the butt!
You've made some really cute suits.

Anonymous said...

I am so in your camp. My wife and I haven't ever done anything for V-day.

Luckily, she is in my camp.

Good to see other people agree.

My kids too love it though.