CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

FUN Readers

Friday, February 22, 2008

SADNESS......BLISTER......TREADY.......CROCK POT....




OK Bree, I am back....Really I have been having a private POW WOW with blogger friends Eileen Swanson, Elaine ( tripink ), Katemonster through email...but glad I was missed :)

On to the truth...It has been sad days at our house hold...due to one of our friends and one of Todd's ( my husband ) clients had passed away...because of a stupid decision to drink and drive..make a sad story short his car hit a tree...He was lucky he was still alive and was unconscious when my best friends husband (who is a state trooper) found the wreckage...Eric (my friend, who passed) brain was swollen, so they had to keep him in a induce coma and was planning on keeping him in that state for 14 days....after 5 days his heart gave up the fight and now he is gone....30 years old...A NICE, GOOD LOOKING,(that is him in the photo above) KIND HEARTED, POLITE GUY!! So I attended a Racing for Recovery group meeting last night....it was so hard to sit there and not lose it...it was a 1 1/2hour just going around the room and telling our funny memories of Eric...I even got brave and spoke in front of everyone....It is sad..30 years old...not even old enough to consider to "really" have a chance at life..He never got the chance to be married... He never got the chance to be a Dad....He will never get to celebrate Christmas or any other Holiday with his family...It is just such a sad situation...So they had the showing today and tomorrow is the funeral...SO tonight hug your husband and your children and tell them how much you love them....Like I said before...we never know "WHEN OUR END IS" SO love life that we are given and the repeated chances we are given....because with one SNAP our chance could be gone!!!!! LIFE IS TOO SHORT...so live out your dreams and DO NOT be afraid of taking CHANCES!!!! HUGS To ALL of you :)

On to some good news....well kinda....I was forced to run on the tready today..due to the dam snow!! I took Bree's advice to incline, which I have never in the past...I have not ran on the tread for months...I thought I was toughing it out by running in 2 degree/windy weather....Let me tell you, I was a sweaty mess...forgot how HOT I get on the tread.... I went for 80 min inclined to 2% speed at 7.2/7.4 It was a great, easy workout...I even ended up with a nice BLISTER..that hurts like hell ...I always wear socks...until I notice a lot of you girls DO NOT WEAR SOCKS...and it looked way more trendy..so I wanted to look trendy, I went for it...SOCK LESS and now BAM a blister WTF :)
SO yes, now that it is getting around the blogger world..I have signed up for St. Croix...not really knowing if I will be fully trained in time...But I am going to take the challenge.....as you can see I do not have any races posted up on my site...THAT is because I am known to back out of them....Yes, I am a slacker..not always my fault..can blame the KIDS and a husband that travels all the time...so training goes to SHIT!!! I am So excited that Bree will be there and after she WINS the race...she can come and scoop me off the pavement..HA!! ANY OTHER BLOGGER BUDDIES GOING TO BE IN ST.CROIX ????

ON to the TURKEY :) The crock pot has become my lastest best friend! I LOVE IT!! I have been doing Crock Pot meals constantly...just so easy to plan a meal...and not have to be tied up in the kitchen all evening...It is great...just put it in there and let it cook all day!!! The turkey is my Fav..as it is so juicy and tender..falls off the bone and melts in your mouth...I did chili the other day and chicken and dumplings one day...I am all about EASY, FAST, YUMMY meals

So there is my post and I am sorry I have been slacken....Thank you for your kind messages and for missing me....awwwwww :) I love you guys :) EVERY day you make me smile :)

11 comments:

kerrie said...

so sorry to hear about your friend, but glad to hear that you are back!
good for you for committing to st.croix - a great travel location!
crank that incline baby cause there are hills!!!!!

Pedergraham said...

Sorry also to hear about your friend.

Way to go for signing up for St. Croix! It's supposed to be a super race.

Crock pots rock!
-Danielle

Marni Sumbal, MS, RD said...

Sorry about your friend. Sad news and you wouldn't want it to happen to anyone. Glad you are enjoying the treadmill. Spice it up with intervals. I love the treadmill but I get bored after around 20 minutes of the same speed. The intervals will make 20-40 min go by in no time. Keep up the great work! *I wear socks...I get blisters when I don't :)
-Marn

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, Mel...! I am SOO sorry to hear about your friend. That is so sad and tragic. Wow. Geeez. About St. Croix...I am soo happy you are racing that race! Yeahhhaw. I am not doing St. Croix this year. I have done it before and ... well, it is a bit too early for me coming from bitter Chicago... Have a super time and nice job on the treadmill...I do a TON of my runs on the treadmill but at 1% incline and I DO wear socks on my training runs - I race sockless! Wow, I am chatty! Jen H.

Mira (Ivanovich) Lelovic said...

Very sorry to hear about your friend. I'm sure the run felt good after so much stress.
I don't own a crock pot. You made me consider getting one!

Anonymous said...

Along with everyone else, I am so sorry to hear about your friend. You are right in saying life is too short...it sounds like he will be very missed.

Awesome job on the treadmill work! That's going to come in handy in St. Croix! Just get to the finish and get that picture with the winner!!! (That's Bree of course!)

BreeWee said...

Oh my gosh Mel, I am so sorry about your friend, that truly is a pain in the heart!
As for the tready run, AWESOME! I am glad you are sweatin' it out, I am sure you will be ready for St. Croix, we have tons of time. Besides, it is going to be so beautiful there & you, Amanda and me will get photos together that the pain of racing will be a blurrrrr.
Now for the crock pot- I LOVE it! Even though it is always hot as heck here I use mine once a week (at least) because it is so easy!
Keep smiling...we love ya!

Kellye Mills said...

Wow Mel... that's really awful about your friend. I'm so sorry to hear that that had to happen to him.

St. Croix is supposed to be so great, I'd put myself through an untrained 1/2 IM just to go!! You'll do fine. Sounds like you have great run fitness!

Crock pots are awesome aren't they!! We try to get it's use once a week. And with those liners they make for them so you can throw it away and toss the bowl in the dishwasher without having to scrub a big mess... you just can't beat it!!

Enjoy your turkey!!

Brooke Myers said...

Like everyone has said, sorry for the loss of your friend. We too just heard about a family friend of ours who was drunk and hit a tree. He is still in ICu however, but why do they do it???

Nice work with the treadmill, it can be fun and challenging though.

Do you think you could give me some tips on cooking, most of my crockpot meals still turn out kind of nasty... I think I have to face the facts that I am not a cook....

have a great day and great days training for st. Croix.. You signed up - you are commited now!

Trigirlpink said...

Hummmmmm I don't know where to start!

First.. so very sorry about Eric. That is so sad. You were VERY brave to speak out about him at the meeting. I hope it gave you just a little bit of comfort in doing that.
On a brighter note... I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE PIX OF YOU IN YOUR FUNKY SPLISH AT ST CROIX!! We just got a fresh dump of damn snow here too and I am SO DONE with winter! Ugh!

I use my crock pot too!
Home made soup for one....I think I'll make a batch this week! Sometimes turkey meatballs and let them simmer in sauce for 2-3 hours. Yummy!!!
Can I have your turkey receipe??

Marit C-L said...

Oh Mel - I am so so so sorry about Eric. What a tragic loss. But you spoke volumes on your blog about him, about life, and about cherishing every moment we have. After writing this, I am going to give Nate a big hug... thanks for reminding us to keep things in perspective...

About the shoes.... socks are NOT overrated. They are essential. However, when I race on Olympic distance tri, I go sockless. BUT, I make sure I put body glide all over my feet, ankles, heels, toes AND on the insides of my shoes (on the tongue of the shoe, on the back that rubs against your heel, and on the part that cushons your ankle...) Body glide is very important if you don't want painful blisters.

No - I won't be in St. Croix - but I bet that you'll have an absolute blast. Can't wait to see the pictures and read about all of your good times!