CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

FUN Readers

Monday, April 7, 2008

IT'S A BEAUTIFUL DAY!!!!!!


Me after the run!!!


FINALLY...JUMP FOR JOY...we have warmth...YAHOOOOOO...Woke up this morning and let there be light the sun was fully on..so I look up weather and it is a blazing 57 degrees..my smile got big and my eyes shed a tear NO MORE HATS...NO MORE GLOVES....NO MORE LONG TIGHTS...NO MORE FLEECED LINED, LONG SLEEVE SHIRTS...OH YEAH BABY...it was time to bust the shorts and sleeveless running shirts out...Heading out on my 10 mile run...I could smell flowers in the air and fresh laundry and seeing road construction workers out IT IS FINALLY HERE....... SPRING!!!!! I ran from our house 3 miles to the bike path...did 4 miles on the path....I believe this is the first time I have seen people out exercising...I wanted to shout "where have all you PUSSY"s been in the freezing conditions"...

I was feeling good and happy running in nice temps...a couple of times my left knee was getting a sharp pain and would last for a couple of minutes...so I was doing the wobble run a couple of times...not pretty running form :) With this beautiful weather a sore knee was just going to have to be sore I was enjoying it!!! Returned home in 1 hour 13 minutes, and a happy woman :)

Husband was home for one day and he leaves again tomorrow to speak at KENT STATE COLLEGE for 2 days and then leaves for China this Saturday to compete in the China Ironman on April 20th..he is a busy guy!!!! I have a feeling I am not going to get any outside riding done before St. Croix, which makes me a little nervous, but it will just add more to the challenge..BRING IT ON!!!!!!


Have a great day everyone :)

16 comments:

Trigirlpink said...

Woooo whooo! You look GUUUUD sista!
Those shoes look FRESH from the box! Happy spring training. SEND SOME WARM STUFF HERE PLEZ ;-)

Anonymous said...

Sweet weather!! I was all about running outside in "normal" running clothes this weekend also. Well, that was BEFORE Castro made me run in the rain.

Dude, are you and your hubby going see each other before your big race? That man is always on the run!

Have a good one Mel!

jahowie said...

Nice job on the run. Just don't look at the weather forecast for our race this weekend. Don't pack away your long sleeves just yet.

jahowie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eileen Swanson said...

Sweet, looks like a beautiful day! Cute pic ;-)

Oh, let me know about that suit when you get a chance.

XO,
E

Wes said...

Totally psyched for ya :-) You banged out 10 in 1:13 with a sore knee? That's smokin!!! Nice run!!! Maybe you could get someone to watch the kiddos for you a bit while you get outside on the bike, eh? Happy training!!!

Anonymous said...

CUTE PIC! Hot stuff. You are too funny, that "where have you all been you P*ssys" is exactly what I think each spring when 10000 million people come out of hibernation. HA! Jen H.

BreeWee said...

Hey hottie! I love the smile, the joy in your face to be warm & outside...
St. Croix here we come! I feel your pain with the man gone! Jim leaves tomorrow morning and I have no idea what to do about training help... yikes!
Best to you... got about a month to go super mom!

Jennifer Cunnane said...

What do you make of all of those wusses who just came out of hibernation? And, what is it with all the cool new workout gear they are wearing that looks like they have never broke a sweat? You showed it too them by cranking on the run!

Mira (Ivanovich) Lelovic said...

Yeahy! It's finally stopped snowing up there! I feel for you being left home alone. Hope you can work something out to get a ride outdoors now that the weather is good.

Brooke Myers said...

The warm weather and a doce of sunshine always makes us feel better.
Looks like you had fun!

Kellye Mills said...

Looking GOOD!! And no snow on the ground... I can't believe it!

AWESOME run too!!

kerrie said...

wow - i don't know how you hold it all together and manage to look so good in your pics! you continue to amaze me with just getting out there. i love your comment about the p*ssies, lol - yeah, there's a lot of them around here too!

Marit C-L said...

Hooray for the warm weather up North! Very cute picture - you are radiating JOY!

Marni Sumbal, MS, RD said...

You are going to do great at st.croix cause you will be LOVING the heat! You look great. Glad the weather is warming up. 57 would be a "cold" day for me here in florida...burrr

Pedergraham said...

Your legs are long. Whew--no wonder why you can run so FAST! Hope the warm weather holds for you.
-Danielle