CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

FUN Readers

Thursday, April 3, 2008

What''s A girl to do when husband is out of town???



OH boy could our minds go crazy of some creative ideas:) NO...get your minds out of the gutter!!!! I am talking about after seeing clean ovens and yummy food in other peoples blogs...really made me feel like a slacker....,YES I did it....CLEANED my refrigerator in my SPLISH SUIT (KIDDING about the Splish) but thought it would make it more exciting!!! YES it was calling my name....MEL, PLEASE CLEAN ME!!! Seriously how in the heck does it get SO dirty...everything is wrapped or in containers...where does all the scum come from???? SO it is accomplished and it is beautiful..now I just need to go to the store and fill that bad boy up with some food!!!! I did make some Pasta salad YUMMY!!!

I am in the process of changing two of my kids rooms around and that involves painting and coming up with some kind of creative room theme....so my time is now spent on the net searching for cute ideas and matching accessories and of course want to do it the cheapest way I can...so I am diggin deep:) I will post the outcome when finished!!!

Since husband left Monday...my training has fallen a bit...I had trashed legs on Monday from the 10 mile run....3 hour bike and 1 hour swim... 8 mile run... back to back days...Monday rolls around and my legs are SORE....BUT knowing husband will be gone for a week I need to get one last good run in before he left.....On trashed legs I headed out in my new fast Asics flats (light as slippers)think of spike shoes...without the spikes (thank you Katie W-J...for my gift for the suits I designed that allowed me to buy my shoes) I did 8 miles feeling awesome...different story later on OUCH, but a good OUCH!!! I took 2 days off and back on the bike today in (biking shorts)!! SO even if husband is gone I still PLAY :)

Happy cleaning and training!!!!

14 comments:

Pedergraham said...

Is that a yummy pasta salad? We have the same stove/oven! Hope you get some training in while being single-mom!
-Danielle

Trigirlpink said...

Mel.. you've been hangin'around me and my clean fetish-self a little bit too long. It's rubbed off I see.



Oh plez oh plez oh plez... can we bake some of those

CINNAMON WHATCHA MA-JIGGYS ON THE DOOR?
:-)

Mira (Ivanovich) Lelovic said...

OK, first gutter thought was, "Go to the coffee shop to see smelly boy." Second thought was, find a babysitter and go get a pedicure/manicure...and then get coffee!

kerrie said...

why won't anybody's cleaning fetishness rub off on me? hmmmmm.
MEL!!!!! your hubby is gone and you clean the fridge???? i seriously need to have a chat with you as i still am hubbyless -- but at least i am sitting here enjoying a nice glass of pinot noir. the fridge can wait....
i think you need to go get yourself some coffee.

jahowie said...

I'm glad that you told us to ge our minds out of the gutter. That's where mine resides half the time. LOL!! Have a good ride today. I hope that it's not raining down there.

Anonymous said...

Oh new shoes!!! So glad you put the extra funds to good use!! Hey, my kid splishy was a BIG hit at Masters today.

Hey, can you come clean my fridge now??

Marni Sumbal, MS, RD said...

I'm inspecting your 'fridge.......
hehe-looks great! Karel is gone for 2 weeks for racing with his team. I should come over and we can cook together!

Marit C-L said...

Hee hee hee - my fridge is exactly the same. I take the time and effort to carefully wrap my food, make sure that it's stored in the proper place - and it still needs to be cleaned! Aaack! AND - now that I have some, er, mobility issues (harder for me to bend down and over, and once I'm down, more difficult to get back up) - I have absolutely NO desire to clean the fridge. But my hubby's idea of clean is VERY VERY VERY different from mine. So something will have to be done!

Can you help? :) J/K - I'll htfu and do it later on today or tommorow!

Sounds like your training is going GREAT! Excellent!

BreeWee said...

I just have one question... do you do everything in your Splish Suit!? Maybe we can wear matching ones for St. Croix! ha ha... I think you should make a post of all the things you can do in a Splish! Bike trainer, clean the fridge, clean the house, bake... you crack me up!

Kellye Mills said...

Wow!! That looks good! Will you come clean my fridge! Have a great weekend!

Cy said...

Are you in the business of designing great Splish Suits? They are all SO cute!

TJ said...

There is no beer in your refrigerator.....none! Do they work ok without beer in them? :)

At least there's some chocolate milk in there....

Jennifer Cunnane said...

Have you seriously designed everyone's Splish suits? I love it! Can you design one for me? I see all these postings with hot looking swimsuits and think perhaps if I also raced one maybe I would be Faster!

Have a great training day!

kerri said...

OOHHH, time well spent. Another clean freak in the bunch. That fridge looks so good...not the food either. OYYY, the oven. The oven is a toughy. My self cleaning oven no longer self cleans. CRAP!
It'll be a good arm workout to scrub that ^%*^& off. That's a workout in itself.