CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

FUN Readers

Saturday, March 29, 2008

BOO for inside trainer rides and sore crotches!!!

Yes, We still have snow and cold temperatures, which means I am still stuck inside to train!!! I did another 3 hour bike today and let me tell you I get so bored...I do so much stuff just to keep me on there...I can not just sit there and pedal away for 3 hours!!! I started the ride off by watching Ironman World Championship 2007, and it did get me pumped up...then I find myself flipping through magazines...Victoria Secret, then onto the Triathlete Mag and then to Runners World.....Then I pop in the movie HOW TO LOSE A GUY IN 10 DAYS....I love that movie, one of my favorite chick flicks!!!! I get done with 2 hours and I decide I am starving....so I get a HUGE cup of Cheerios with milk and at this point I am pedaling and eating and wondering if any of my blog buddies do this....Sitting in my Splish suit on a bike pedaling and eating cereal :)

ANOTHER BIG ONE...Dam, my crotch hurts ( I do not know how guys ride in there saddles for a long period of time YOUCHY BALLS) My crotch killed at least the first two hours and then I believed it went numb:) Good way to numb the crotch right before giving birth!!!!Ha! Anyways, I did it and glad I am DONE!!! I can't believe I am saying this "I am looking forward to my swim class tomorrow(I hate swimming)" BUT it is only a hour long....a lot better than 3 hours :)

Good luck to all the blogger friends that are racing this weekend...Eileen CA 1/2, Kellye Half Marathon and Bree some race I do not know how to spell or let alone know how to pronounce it!!!! Go get it done GIRLS..make it hurt :)

Happy/healthy training!!!

15 comments:

Trigirlpink said...

You just crack me up with the cheerios and milk...

Hey.. that's probably a good idea.. ride the trainer in your Splishy to toughen up the crotch for race day.

kerrie said...

you are NOT riding the trainer in your splishy?!?!? are you? you crack me up - that crotch is going to be bulletproof come race day...

kerri said...

You always manage to crack me up. Where the heck are your riding shorts? Eating Cheerios and riding at the same time. Now, that's a feat. I'd choke.

Marit C-L said...

Holy Cow Mel - trainer + splish = OUCH! Where are the shorts and more importantly - chamois cream? Yikes! I can't bike right now - but I feel your pain. Geeze Louise!

And the topper - cheerios and milk. I've done the cheerios before - but never the milk. I get cramps with dairy. It is unpleasant. For everyone around. :)

Next time - seriously go with the regular shorts! Well - that, or else design a suit that looks like Wonder Woman - because you and your crotch epitomize her!

Pedergraham said...

Yes, I eat on the trainer and entertain myself by throwing cereal to the dog. I am definitely not brave enough to ride a bike on the trainer in my bathing suit. WOW! WOW! WOW!
-Danielle

Anonymous said...

I had to go back and re-read your blog like 4 x to make sure you MEANT you rode the trainer in your swimsuit. Holy SH*T. You are definitely nuts. I could not do that OR could not eat cereal on the trainer - you have accomplished it all today! hee hee....Don't worry, our weather is NO fun here this weekend either. Way to HTFU, Mel! :) Jen H.

Anonymous said...

swim suit + bike seat + 3 hours = sore lady parts! No tri shorts? no chamois butter? You are hard core.

I have to get pretty creative with the trainer rides myself. It's hard to stay on those things once I get bored!! Good movies, good tunes can take me a long ways. I CAN NOT however read a magazine...that's like trying to run and read at the same time. I'm just not that talented.

Kellye Mills said...

First of all... THANK YOU so much for all your encouragement!! Love it!!

Secondly... I can just imagine you on that trainer in your Splish suit doing something crazy like eating cereal!! You are too much! :)

And I will say I've done the trainer in my swim suit before, but the trick is the chamois butter. It goes ahead and numbs things right up so NO WORRIES!! :)

jahowie said...

We guys don't sit on our balls!! LOL!!! I usually ride on rollers and I don't think that I could manage to eat while I do it. Way to push through the workout. It had to be very boring!!

Wes said...

Ummmm... Yea, I ain't that hard core! Anything over an hour and half is full riding shorts for this boy! Woo hoo! and, and, and.... after I get my new time trial bars on Aerowyn, I'm going for a gel racing seat or one of those ISM seats! LOL... Baby steps on the path to Iron!!!!

Brooke Myers said...

Please put your next ride on video...this would make a great laugh for extreme sports and the legnth one goes to for training....
Cheerios on the bike???

Marni Sumbal, MS, RD said...

over 1 hour on a trainer!!! OH MY. What discipline!!! :) Keep up the great work. Warm temps are coming...I just know it!

Mira (Ivanovich) Lelovic said...

That is HILARIOUS! You need to sew a chamois pad into one of you Splish suits! The guy bike seat thing perplexes me to no end as well. Good job sticking it out for 3 hours. That's serious mental toughness!

BreeWee said...

Ha ha, I agree with Brooke! You have to video the next ride! It would make the funniest movie EVER... you reading, watching movies, eating, moving around to find a comfortable spot, that is so funny! I am so glad to be home and to my computer so I can read your blogs! I missed em' SO SO SO much! I have to have a dose of GOOD honest Laughter EVERYDAY & your blog is the place for me! 3hrs on a trainer... YIKES! Your mental strength must be UNREAL... I can go for an hour then I decide to take a bathroom break and decide Im over it!

Trigirlpink said...

You must be workin' hard on that video.... :-)