CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

FUN Readers

Saturday, July 4, 2009

two post combined and a bit of a ramble....


. A little fence jumping=no prob!


Mason found the best seat=basket



First thing, a big shout out to Todd...Good luck tomorrow in the race...he is on a 2week journey... first stop Germany and then off to Switzerland for the Ironman there...yip 2 Ironmans back to back...he never stops and I say a NO THANK YOU to that =) he can be the crazy one!!

SOOOO that leaves me solo parent for 2weeks...is it time for school to start yet???? Just kidding, it is actually going OK, other than living on soccer and softball Fields and the twisted cold weather we are having!! I was planning on being pool side everyday...well that ain't happening ;(

Yesterday I started off in a bit of a depression/rut I just wanted to cry and I was being mean to the kids....I hate when I get like that, but some days I can't help it....I had to just stop my piss ass mood and realize somethings/emotions are out of my control and not worth the pity party, plus it was Firework night and I did not want to ruin it for the kids....I somehow snapped out of it and the kids and my mother-in-law and I were off to have a good time....as you can see in the photo's we did :) We started off at our main station and reserved our viewing spot and then here comes our little adventure....this year they moved the rides to a different location..that didn't stop us, we decided to go on a little mile adventure to find the rides Me, Grandma and 7 crazy kids Jumped fences...6 of them to be exact...got busted by the cops, just in time for them to witness me jumping over a fence with heels on and lost a shoe in the fence..I had the "oh shit" look on my face and they had the "serious" look...but then they laughed at me and were impressed that I managed with heels=) The kids keep calling me the slow old Grandma..as it took me a little longer to get over.....I think the cops thought we were all drunk as we could not stop laughing!!

We reached the rides with the sneak in approach(by jumping fences)....hey it saved me $40.00...damn I am turning my kids into criminals already......well that is what they get for changing the rides location...I was NOT paying both places to get in...STIFF!!!!

We all had an awesome time..the fireworks were great and the fatty food was awesome...the VERY loud music was a bit annoying but the drunks and kids seemed to like it =) I LOVE days like that..seeing the huge smiles on kids faces....sometimes we need to get out of our piss mood and just enjoy.......

Kids spent the night with Grandparents...wahhhhooooo...I slept in until 10...I CAN"T remember when I have done that....then to top my day off I went for my FIRST run in a month....The doc wanted me to take some time off and I will start therapy on the knee when Todd gets home....it is too hectic right now...SO I headed out for a 10 mile run...first two miles I was wasting too much time with my costume malfunction...I wore these cute little Asics shorts that smokin hot body Desiree Ficker had on the cover of Triathlete.....well they look cute but man my "JUNK" was hanging out everywhere..I wasted so much time tucking my gut in and pulling wedgies, so my butt cheeks weren't showing....That got old I just wanted to RUN...I said screw it..I don't care who sees my cheeks...I am enjoying this dang RUN....Mission accomplished some pain, but managed!!! It felt good to be back!!

Hope everyone is having an awesome 4th weekend......

8 comments:

Damie said...

jumping the fence...too funny. that is what makes you a fun mom is living it up a little, you know? happy 4th to you too!

Jennifer Harrison said...

Great to hear your excitement/happiness! Don't you justlove all those carnivals for the kids? THEY love all that stuff. GOOD luck parenting solo for 2 weeks- ah! :))
And, Um, what junk?

Marni Sumbal, MS, RD said...

Happy 4th!! The kids(and you) look great!!!

Pedergraham said...

I can't wait for Lelia to wake up to show her that pciture of you and your shoes. She will love it and will want me to go out and buy a pair. Glad that your fourth ended up nice. Things have been stressful around here, and I have been having a hard time being "nice" Mom all the time, too. Hope your knee continues to hold up.

Wes said...

Way to snap out of it! Knowing is half the battle!! You totally cracked me up. Junk hanging all out and a stuff :-)

Awesome you got a run in, and I hope the rehab goes GOOOOOD!!

kerrie said...

i think i have those kinds of days too - and i'm sure i'd have more if i were left alone with 4 kids for 2 weeks!!!! glad you were able to get back on track ;)

love the jumping fences! that is hilarious - consider it cross training.

Trigirlpink said...

tucking your gut in. pa-leez! :-)

JC said...

Ah Mel you are such a beautiful lady. So glad you got out of your funk and had a great time! Love the pics!