CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

FUN Readers

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

TIRED.....GETTING GRUMPY!!!!! DO NOT HAVE SLUMBER PARTIES ON HEAVY TRAINING DAYS!


Skylar and Ironman sound to SLEEP!













Skylar had a sleep over on Saturday...I really like her friends, plus they are on my Basketball team, so they are comfortable around me...So we decided to do a create your own nightgown and matching for your favorite stuffed animal...I like to do creative, crafty stuff, since Madison(my 4 year old) is still little...I do most of her art stuff...so I am sitting around the table with 6 kids making night gowns :) good fun, but I could not stop yawning...I find it hard in my old age keeping up with the young kids.......So the night shirts turned out cute (as you can see in the photo) It was getting late and I was ready to go to bed as I had some training to do the next day....by midnight the girls were still in there giggling....so I think by 2 I was finally a sleep!!!!

I had it all planned that the girls were going home at noon the next day so I can start my day........ I was in that NON training mood, but knew I need to get out there...So I head out for a 90 min run....ugggg I was really struggling (DAM slumber party) but kept chugging along....When I got home I was so cold and tired......AND THIS DID NOT HELP ANY....I was looking for Skylar and look where she is...in her nice WARM,COZY bed....figures...she keeps me up all night and then she gets to sleep all day!!! The JOY of being a kid...no WORRIES!!!! So I head into work for 2 hours (the doctor's office) and then straight to the pool for my hour swim class and of all days we were doing speed drills (yikes)...I think I was doing a lot of yawning under water as I sucked up a lot of water :) so I was not very speedy....There is this ONE girl in the class, who is a fantastic swimmer and I think she has been swimming forever..I just started swimming 3 months ago.....I am in the SLOW...BEGINNERS lane.....she is in the faster lane right next to mine...BUT I SWEAR she is always trying to race me...it is like she hangs out until I go.....The first lap of our speedy drill....her and I tied, but she has way more endurance than me in the water... I am lucky if I can go a 100 m without stopping for a rest :) I wanted to yell "give me a freakin break and find SOMEONE else to race..I had a SLUMBER PARTY last night and am NOT in a racing mood...plus I just did a 90 min run before swim...so take your GLORY of beating me ( A BEGINNER SWIMMER) and shove it......Meet me out on the pavement in 2 days and then I will dust you :) ( I do not even know if she is a runner), but sounded good in my mind :)

The last couple of days...I have put in some hours in training and I AM GETTING GRUMPY...I do not know how you TOP triathletes put in all these LONG hours of training and still be in high spirits....I have noticed for YEARS, after my husband finishes a Ironman he is a asshole and just mean and I would say "you are not doing any more of those races, if you continue being mean" This is the first time that I have actually started training for a race and I see myself getting grumpy...I am trying really hard not to take it out on the kids....I think it is a combo of the training and the lack of sleep but I NEED to control the grumpiness....
I was on the phone with my Dad and I was in the shopping mall parking lot...I was in the middle of the lane with my turn blinker on, as someone was backing out....It was a good parking spot...nice and close....THEN a OLD lady took my spot....I waited there until she got out of her car and I yelled "hey did you not see me here in the middle of the lane with my blinker on to park in that spot" she said sorry I did not see you....(me saying) "how can you not see a BIG van with a BLINKER on in the MIDDLE of the lane ....MAYBE you should go get your EYES checked, she was speechless :(....My Dad was still on the phone and he was a little scared.......He said "Melissa where did you get your feistiness from...he said he gets pissed too when someone takes his spot, but NEVER had the balls to say something..."I laughed and said "Dad I have always had BIG balls, if you piss me off" just consider yourself LUCKY" It wasn't the fact that now I had to park far away and walk (even tho I had sore legs) it was the point of I KNOW SHE SAW ME....JUST A RUDE person!!!!

Now that I have come to terms with my grumpiness...I need to snap out of it and try to cope with raising 4 kids and train and be a NICE person :) Is it possible not to be GRUMPY?

4 comments:

Wes said...

Remind me to never PISS you off :-) You just gotta work harder to keep it even keeled when you are grumpy! The kiddos make that extremely difficult! This I know. But, you still get to choose how to react...

Kellye Mills said...

I think it's impossible to be a parent without being grumpy SOME of the time. It is seriously such hard work, and with 4 small children!! you should be proud that you're grumpy only sometimes :) Adding training on top of that makes it even that much harder. It's different for everyone, but for me, SLEEP is my best friend. It makes all the difference in the world for me. So, go to bed early, and I bet you'll feel better tomorrow!

Brooke Myers said...

We all have our moments and I am one of them. Sometimes I will yell out or say something and then I have to remind myself was that really worth my energy to get grumpy over. Most of the time No and I realize it would have been better to let it go. Creative for the slumber party - props on that if not your crumpiness!

BreeWee said...

Wholly cow, do boys have those crazy slumber parties too? Yikes! Hey, it's okay to be grumpy here and there, I think as long as you realize you are having a "moment" it's fine... it's when you are clueless that your attitude is ugly that is bad. So, way to go!