CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

FUN Readers

Friday, February 29, 2008

WHEN IT RAINS IT POURS!!


The last couple of weeks have been crazy..With the sadness of the passing of our friend Eric.....to the helping a Single Mom and her young daughter out by signing for a apartment for her and US getting SCREWED in the process for it....We helped this single Mom out 2 years ago...hoping she could get her shit together and be a good Mom to this adorable 3 year old...you know how it goes, you help out and then they stop contacting you as they already drained you for everything they could get out of you!!! Not thinking much of it...UNTIL my best friend that works at the courthouse called me.. to let us know that this girl is being sued because she has not paid her rent...and owes $7500.00 and of course our name is listed on there too..because we helped her get the apartment....My question is why did the apartment owner let her live in there this long period of time racking up unpaid rent $7500.00...that is crazy!!!!! Of course the girl is NOWHERE to be found..figures!!! So I do not know what will happen and I for surly do not have $7500.00 just to pass over!!! I guess we will learn our lesson and not be so nice all the time!!! This girl BETTER hope she never sees me on the streets!!!!!!!

I was excited today..as on every Friday I met up with my friend and we go run on the bike path...Last Friday it was canceled because of the snow and TODAY we are getting dumped on again...SO no outdoor run!!!! DAM...I have a 2 hour run today and am going to be stuck on the treadmill!!! TO TOP IT OFF I HAVE 3 SICK KIDS.....Konor is home from school for the second day with the fever and sore throat.....Mason has a bad cough and wakes up like 7 times a night...so Yes my sleep has been shit.....I took Skylar to the Doctors this morning and she has a ear infection.....

I am a little scared...I did my first brick the other day 1 1/2 hour bike and a 62 min run...I felt AWESOME and strong....then with kids sick...I have missed days of working out and missed both of my weekly swims....TODAY I AM GOING TO RUN 2 hours on the tread...HUSBAND is going to hold down the fort...I need to be consistent on this training!! The photo above is in between doctor's appointment...dropping kids off to school...putting my Jammie's back on to lay with one of the sick kids and waiting for my turn to train...That is how my husband and I have to do it...He is in training for Ironman China...so turn taking is the only way :)

Have a good day everyone :)


Hugs!!

5 comments:

BreeWee said...

oh Mel, I am so sorry! Your heart was in the right spot, your family is such good people... it will all work out, it always does, you know that.

A 2 hr run, you are in a great spot, I have yet to do any 2 hr runs for St. Croix, I am sure you will be just fine!

Hope the kids feel better soon... you are so cute in the jammies! You look like a little girl snuggled next to your son!

Anonymous said...

Holy cow Mel! That's a ton to deal with right now! It's too bad this girl didn't step up to the plate like she should have. I really hope you aren't going to be put through the ringer on this. Stay positve!

A house full of sickies doesn't sound like much fun! Hopefully you will be able to get your training in while still being Super Mom/Super Wife, etc...and NOT get sick yourself! TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF!

Have a great weekend Mel!

Trigirlpink said...

Yikes. I can't believe how generous and caring your were and THEN for this chick to bail leaving you in the hot seat. Unbelievable.
DON'T GET YOURSELF SICK! That would be worse than missing a few training sessions. I haven't run all week just trying to get my hamstring to settle down and I'm trying to get ready for Florida 70.3 too. Chin up! :-)

kerrie said...

i feel your pain! i hope that your whole house gets healthy soon and that you manage to find a balance in the midst of all of it!
good for you and your hubby switching off with training - we do that, and at times, it is a struggle cause we all know guys can't multitask....you'll get there, you still have lots of time to get ready for st.croix!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there...

People sometimes act like people...

2 hour run...sound right on track to me...

Get the kids better and stay positive...