CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

FUN Readers

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Good training....PMS......FLU

AS I am writing this...I have slime mouth going and 5 blankets on with the feeling of someone hitting my head with a baseball bat!!! I have the FLU..the full want to die type flu...I usually don't mind if I get sick and sometimes wish I would get sick...just so that I can get caught up on some rest and I LOVE BED.....BUT, this flu hit me at the wrong time...My husband has been gone for the last two days...so when a Mom with 4 kids get sick......she just can't be sick and heal...I still have to do all the Mommie duties....I just wanted to cry yesterday...you know how it is you body aches so bad and you are freezing, but you are sweating your ass off!!! To top it off I am PMS ing....so not a good combo...when your legs are so weak to get up to take care of business!! I get this deadly like flu every year around the same time....I was really hoping this year I would avoid it, since my training has been going so well.....I do not have time to be sick...GRRRRRRRRRR!!!

On a better note....Rainbow the crab I believe is going to make it...he is no longer naked....I tried all these ways of getting him into his shell....no luck...so I picked him up and stuffed him into one of the new shells I bought...TODAY he switched and climbed back into his old rainbow shell!!! So I saved the crab :)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mel,
there is NOTHING worse, NOTHING than having the really bad flu and being the single parent. That happened to me 1 time when the kids were super little and I HAD to call my mom....I was throwing up while trying to feed the kids...OH ICK! FEEL BETTER SOON!!! And, PMS to boot. Wow. Jen H.

Trigirlpink said...

Good God woman... I feel for you. Figures your husband is away. Hope he's coming home soon to rescue you. Sending you homemade soup and healing thoughts via cyberspace.
e

ps Yay Rainbow dude! *-)

Anonymous said...

Geez...when it rains it pours...

Get better...

Pedergraham said...

Mel:
That is the my biggest fear as a mom--to have the flu and be alone with the little one. I think I am the only person in my county that starts calling to find out about the flu shot in August!!!!
Get better as soon as you can--feel free to relax the parenting standards for a few days--and hurrah for saving the hermit crab before you succombed to illness.
-Danielle

Brooke Myers said...

hang in there Mel - I will send you some sunshine to cheer you up with a nice cup of tea...

Don't stress the training, you have already put great days in and this will be considered your down time. You'll bounce right back and probably feel even stronger yet...

Mira (Ivanovich) Lelovic said...

Hope you start feeling better soon! Take it easy and rest, nothing to feel guilty about it.

Kellye Mills said...

Oh.. I agree with Jen... the WORSE thing in the world is to be that sick and STILL have to be a mom. It's just miserable. I hope your kids don't get sick. One time me, Adam, and the kids all had a stomach virus. How do you care for sick kids when you can barely move??? Oh... it was bad.

I hope you feel better VERY soon! I'll be thinking about you!

And I'm SOOO glad rainbow crab is going to make it. YOU are a life saver!

Eileen Swanson said...

OMG - get better. Hang in there. Bree and I are thinkning about you and really miss you.

Luv ya,

E

jahowie said...

I had that kind of flu during Christmas. It was miserable. I hope you feel better soon. Nice job saving that crab. You know he was just messing with you when he gets into his old shell!!! LOL!! Get well soon.

Marit C-L said...

Oh - I am so so so sorry. I will send you lots of "feel good" vibes... Hope the hubby gets back soon. Flu and pms - sounds like time for ice cream/sorbet, chocolate, chicked noodle soup, and tea.

When I lived in MN, I had a propensity to get really sick right around Feb and March. Hang in there... and be happy - you saved a crab! Hooray!

Anonymous said...

I hope you are finally feeling better!! You did great saving the crab tho...you are you're kids's super hero!