CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

FUN Readers

Monday, March 10, 2008

This flu is kicking my A$$

WoW...I forgot how much a flu can affect your body...PAIN PAIN PAIN!!! I finally manage to take a much needed shower today and washed my bedding after all the sweaty nights...I have never taken so much Tylenol in my life...it seems I am feeling better when I am medicated and once it wears off I am back to being cold and weak...I am hoping this is the last day... The ONLY good thing that came out of this sickness is that I lost 6 LBS....YIPPEE!!! I am getting anxious to start back up training...I am signed up to do a 1/2 marathon this Sunday, but with this sickness that has totally wiped me out...I know I am not going to do it to my full potential...so rather thinking of doing it as a training day!!

I was really bummed as My oldest daughter Skylar is doing her school talent show with 2 of her friends and she did it last year and I made their costumes...this time around I am totally out of the loop...I was not able to go shopping with the other Moms this weekend to pick out their costumes, and lets just say in a polite way I wasn't to pleased with what she brought home...totally not what I would have picked for a hip hop dance routine....VERY BORING!! I guess I can't do anything about it now...Tonight was her dress rehearsal and I thought I would be OK by the time to go.....but I still have the chills and the runs...so didn't think I could sit there for 3 hours...so Grandma had to step up for the job!! I am a little nervous as she was practicing in front of me and I of course am too picky and telling her she needs to get down and shake it more :) So we will see how it all goes on Friday for the show...I am sure I will be more nervous than she will be!!! I was never the kid that could get in front of the whole school and perform...YIKES...I give her credit!!!

Thanks to everyone for their get well wishes and nice emails, you guys are the best...and I was telling my husband that my blog buddies care more about me than he does....he did bring me flowers today :)

Happy training everyone....soon I will be there with you too :(

12 comments:

Trigirlpink said...

Well of course she isn't going to do the dance routine in what she SHOULD be wearing, it's lacking the Melissa fashion factor for godsakes. But a hurling/ loose stool mother getting dragged around the stores just wasn't gonna cut it, so it is what it.

oh... and good call on Mr.Crazy Mel's flower idea. I hope it came with the Starbucks you wanted too!!

Anonymous said...

You have had a lot on your plate so don't beat yourself up about being out of the loop!! Mom's get sick...they need down time!

Good call on the flowers!! I think he got the hint.

kerrie said...

yeah for the flowers! i hope you are feeling better soon, but remember not to push it too soon. it is still so early in the season that you have lots of time to build back into things. i had to go pick glenn up from work today cause he wasn't feeling too hot - i hope this flu isn't heading our way.
take care and keep resting!

Mira (Ivanovich) Lelovic said...

Hang in there it will pass. I bet all the rest you're getting will surprise you this weekend at your 1/2 marathon. Good luck withe show Friday!

Kellye Mills said...

Take it easy during your run. That's a pretty big distance when still trying to recover from the flu. I hope you feel better soon, and wish Skylar good luck!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, man, this is a bad FLU!!!! I can not believe how sick you still are! I hope you feel better soon, Mel and Skylar's hip hop dance performance goes well!! I was laughing at "She just needs to shake it more!" hee hee. Jen H.

Anonymous said...

Oh, man, this is a bad FLU!!!! I can not believe how sick you still are! I hope you feel better soon, Mel and Skylar's hip hop dance performance goes well!! I was laughing at "She just needs to shake it more!" hee hee. Jen H.

Anonymous said...

Oh, man, this is a bad FLU!!!! I can not believe how sick you still are! I hope you feel better soon, Mel and Skylar's hip hop dance performance goes well!! I was laughing at "She just needs to shake it more!" hee hee. Jen H.

Pedergraham said...

Mel:
Now I know who to call when my daughter is Skyalr's age and needs some fashion advice.
Hope you are back up on your feet again really soon! Let us know how the talent show goes.
-Danielle

Marni Sumbal, MS, RD said...

Just rest!!! catch up on emails, watch some movies, read a book or just relax with the fam. Mentally put training aside and know that in a week or so you will back and feeling great again!! Take a nice bath :)
feel better soon!

jahowie said...

That is one nasty flu!! I hope that you are getting plenty of rest and drinking plenty of fluids. Get well soon.

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Get well soon! Great blog, by the way...I found you from Jahowie!