CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

FUN Readers

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

NO PITY PARTY FOR ME TODAY!!!

My blog has been such a downer the last couple of posts...WA the snow...WA the cold weather WA I am sick....WA my training is suffering...WA WA WA!!!!!! Life is some times unfair and something very sad has to snap us out of our own pity party and make us realize we have it pretty good!!! After yesterdays run, I was not ready to throw in the towel and then I hear of our blog buddy Marit and her bike crash and it literally put tears in my eyes...Here is this awesome, most driven triathlete that I have ever met going in for surgery and I am sure will be bed ridden for awhile and with I am sure a lot of physical therapy following surgery!! She was into some serious training for her first Ironman...This girl is FAST and determined and was definitely on her way of making a name for herself!!!
I jumped on my bike today and Marit was the only thing on my mind and I pushed myself for a hour today and did not feel the need to complain one time.....as I know Marit would kill to be out training right now this second!!!!! She made my ride go smoothly and I kinda felt like I did that ride today for Marit!!! I got off that bike and said NOT BAD:) So here is to all of us who thinks we had a shit day of training....we should be happy that we had a chance to have that day!!!!
Thinking of you Marit and wishing for a speedy recovery, so you can get back and KICK SOME ASS HTFU STYLE :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I rode today as well and all I could think about was Marit! I did a SUPER hard hour and when I thought about being tired, I thought HECK NO!. There's Marit wanting to be in her bike but can't...I can be and am tired? NOT TODAY!

Anonymous said...

This is nice, Mel...:) Glad you had a super ride. Jen H.

Trigirlpink said...

Well said. Glad you are feeling better!

jahowie said...

Very well said. I'm glad you are feeling better. I hope that your friend has a speedy recovery. BTW...my friends down your way want to ride this Saturday!! I told them that we would have to shoot for next weekend since there is a chance for snow on Saturday!!!

Brooke Myers said...

Glad you are on your way back, even if the (Wa) session had you away for a little bit.

Keep looking ahead as Spring has finally arrived. :)

Jennifer Cunnane said...

Mel,

No reason you should feel bad for having a pity party. WOW, getting over the flu and taking care of 4 kids?!!! I think I would have instead have asked my Mom to come over take care of my kids and instead have checked into a hotel to get better!!! It always seems like it takes 1 week after you have been sick for workouts to resume to normal.
Katie told me about your bog and I added it to my links on my blog since I am fascinated by how UBER moms like you train - tri/work/raise kids. Its great inspiration for my own life. Regards, Jen Cunnane - jcunnane@swbell.net

Kellye Mills said...

Great post Mel! You're exactly right. We should be grateful for the opportunity to be healthy enough to suffer, if that makes sense. :)

I'm glad you're finally feeling better!

Wes said...

It's nice to get outside our comfort zone and gain some perspective! HTFU indeed! Marit is going to be bounce back strong, and I know she'll be inspiring us for years and years to come :-)

Marit C-L said...

Mel - all I can say is thanks. It means so much to me... your love and support. I am truly touched - thanks again. I will cheer for you SO HARD out at St. Croix - you go there, you kick major butt - and do so because you put in the time, the effort, the energy. Rock the race - you'll do GREAT! There is NO doubt in my mind.

I'll send you good vibes, I promise.

Thanks again for all of your strength, love and support... I am so touched. Just speechless...