CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

FUN Readers

Monday, March 17, 2008

Tried to get back to training!!

NOT A GOOD DAY!! I picked today to be my 1st day back to training.....WELL lets say it put me in a bad mood!! Prior to getting sick, I was feeling like I was putting a effort towards the training and starting to reach some new fitness levels..... I know I shouldn't except some awesome result after my body went through so much pain during the sickness.....I still can't say I am 100% back...I do not have a appetite yet and I can not believe this, but I an not enjoying my COFFEE, nothing seems to taste the same....so I think with not getting much fuel it is making me feel weak and tired all the time!!! I have lost around 7 LBS which I am happy about, but I feel brittle!!

I headed out for a 4mile run, I figured that was a perfect distant for me to start out on my first day back....not too long of a distance where it will totally do me in...but a distant that it still felt like I did something.....Start running along and I felt like I was more like dancing along as I seemed to be bouncing more than usual....My head felt like it was spacey and in LA LA land, my ears were hurting and my throat was cold and burning at this moment I was in tears haven't even made it to mile 1 and am feeling this crappy...My mind starts to wonder horrible thoughts of how much work I put in before getting sick and now It was like I was starting over....I don't want to start over, I want to be strong and feel like I did before I got sick!!!! I started saying screw this training......screw the racing....why torture myself, this is not fun and what really am I trying to prove!!! I should be home doing some much needed catching up on laundry....I don't have time to start this training from the beginning again....The mind is such a powerful thing...I am cold and tired and I have snot bubbles coming out my nose....my ears hurt and I just want to be done with this stupid run and go lay in bed!!!!! I get home after 29 minutes of misery...My husband can tell I am not a happy camper and was like it will be OK, just take it slow and it will come back....I DON"T WANT TO RESTART!!!!! I then went to bed and laid there feeling sorry for myself....I am tired of feeling horrible and I am tired of being mean!!!! So their you have it....my first day back to freakin training :) I WILL go back at it tomorrow...hoping for better results!!!

7 comments:

Pedergraham said...

Oh, Mel. It is so hard to get going again after the flu has taken so much out of you. Just continue to take care of yourself, rest, hydrate, and it will all come back. Think beach. Think St. Croix. Think about getting your picture taken in your cute Splishie next to Bree in her cute Splishie...
-Danielle

Trigirlpink said...

I know you are frustrated and feeling helpless in the training department, but it will get better! Your body is just not quite ready to jump back in. Give it another day or two and BAM! You'll be back AND your body will not have forgotten all the training you've invested. You gotta just be feeling a bit more chipper, minus the foggy head and snot bubbles (god love you) for that to happen!
Chin up even though it makes you dizzy!!!
FEEL BETTER!!

ps- yup its a running skirt! It's got short shorts under the skirt part and it's super comfy yet stylish! :-)

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear you are still struggling with the sickies! We all go have been there! I know it's easy for us to sit back and say "listen to your body" because it's very hard to do BUT that's exactly what you should probably do. Take it slow getting back. Seriously, you will bounce back before you know it and then you'll be heading to St. Croix!!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, coming back is SOO tough..but, just take 1 day at a time and it will all come back very quickly! Hang in there, Mel....and in between, drink lots of coffee! :) Jen H.

jahowie said...

Don't be so hard on yourself. You have been very sick. I'm sure that once your body fully recovers you will be fine. Keep your chin up. :-)

Kellye Mills said...

One day soon you'll be running and think... Wow where did this come from!! Just like Jen said... One day at a time. You'll get there!

Marni Sumbal, MS, RD said...

Just take it easy getting back into it. After the flu, just enjoy walking on the treadmill for 30-60 minutes. Then when you feel like it bump up the speed until you feel comfortable. Do walk and jog intervals so that you don't feel frustrated from trying to run continuously for a certain distance. In 1 hour of walking and jogging you will feel much better than trying to go for a longer run. You'll be back soon!!! :)