CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

FUN Readers

Sunday, April 20, 2008

SKYLAR'S 10th BIRTHDAY PARTY!!!!

friends

girl talk!
Madison tried to hang with the big girls..
but feel on the floor and sound to sleep she went :)
Dress the baby
puzzle
balloon drop
water balloon walk
barrel race
WINNERS!!
FUN FUN FUN!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SKYLAR!!!!!

We had the DRAMA, we had the TEARS..we had the LAUGHTER...we had the FRIENDSHIP..we had CAKE :) We had the FIGHT of who gets to sleep next to Skylar.... We had the NO SLEEP yeah they stayed up until 3 a.m. I had to stay up with them just in case a war broke out ...We had GOOD TIMES and BAD TIMES!!! We had the GROUCHINESS the next morning (that would be me :) BUT overall it was FUN :)
Party Idea: (since I know Danielle is taking notes :)
I set up a little boot camp for the girls to partner up and compete....I have to laugh as most girlie girl parties are dress up...nails, hair, makeup....NOT MINE...get these girls a movin...remember Coach Mel here :) LOUD MOUTH here.... I set up 10 stations...Puzzle race, pillow case race..candy machine, jump rope, roll down hill...spoon egg race, balloon walk and drop, wheel barrel race, dress the baby, toilet paper wrap..I was about to pee myself..these girls where cracking me up and of course I had to coach them along the way:) Skylar and her partner Marrisa won!!! Here are the photo' s of the party....GOOD LUCK IF YOU HAVE ANY KIDS PARTY COMING UP.....keep it small :)

Happy partying!!!

17 comments:

Pedergraham said...

I was totally hoping for a party report. This rocks. Those games are a hoot, and I will remember them!
Fortunately, this year for her birthday, Lelia wants to go to Grandmas (3 hour drive) and invite three uncles, daddy, one aunt, and Lisa (uncle's girlfriend). We will all be in bed by 9pm.
Hope you can recover from your party and hope Skylar remembers all of the great parts!
-Danielle

Pedergraham said...

P.S. Glad to read on Kerrie's blog that Todd did okay. I tried to check on him yesterday on IM Live, but they just stopped updating after the swim...and no results. I was thinking about you and thinking if my hubby was that far away and I couldn't track him online, I would be worried. Hope he makes it home speedily!
-Danielle

Anonymous said...

You are a much better parent than me. I would have NEVER thought about trying it. I'm so glad you survived!! I think you need a recovery day now!

jahowie said...

You are very brave. :-) It must have been bad if your daughter was saying never again.

Kellye Mills said...

Wow!! You went all out!! Ok... if I'd have known these were 4th grade girls, I would have said, NO...!!

That is the grade I taught, and I spent just as much time breaking up all of the little girls spats as I did teaching them! One day they hate this girl, the next day it's that girl. It's BRUTAL!! I'm glad I'm no longer apart of all that, but I'm glad you survived!

Wes said...

The things moms do for their kids! Well done, Mel :-)

Eileen Swanson said...

WOW MEL! You are quite the AWESOME MOMMA! Love the pics. Super cute....

Luv ya,
E

Cy said...

You blog title is appropriately names in regards to this particular post!! Wow-there is no way I could have managed like you during that party!

Anonymous said...

WOW is all I can say too, Mel. That WAS your Ironman!!! How did the hubby do at IM China??? I need to go and peek at the results. THESE pics are great and that party is amazing - you get the "mom of the year" award. WTF is up with moms that are late for pick up? I HATE that too!!! Next year, I am sending Morgan, my 6yo.
:) Jen H.

Anonymous said...

WOW is all I can say too, Mel. That WAS your Ironman!!! How did the hubby do at IM China??? I need to go and peek at the results. THESE pics are great and that party is amazing - you get the "mom of the year" award. WTF is up with moms that are late for pick up? I HATE that too!!! Next year, I am sending Morgan, my 6yo.
:) Jen H.

Eileen Swanson said...

Hey Mel, Did you get the card?

XO,
E

Marni Sumbal, MS, RD said...

You just need a Marni around...i'll play with those kiddos..if anything, they are all probably right about my size. But they'd probably fire me if I swapped tofu for pizza. Only kidding.... I'd give them tofu pizza!!! haha

Marit C-L said...

Oh my God. You are SUPER MOM! You totally rock. Not cool that parents didn't pick up their kids on time - low blow! You get the award for Mom of the Year! And I 'd like to see JH's kids at your place - they would be very wild, but very well behaved! And SHE would be on time! Ha! Nice job Mom!

Hope that Todd gets back soon - CONGRATS to him!

Mira (Ivanovich) Lelovic said...

That's some hard core training! Bet you needed a rest day after that one. Looks like that had a great time!

kerri said...

OHHH, I am so not looking foward to these moments. You just taught me whole lot of info for my third grader. Thanks. Rock on with the training.

Jen said...

Oh my gosh...These are THE WORST! My 9 yr old is always begging for such an event...I tell her she can do it when she has her own place :)

Steve Stenzel said...

What a party! I couldn't have handled the drama!...