CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

FUN Readers

Thursday, May 1, 2008

OH MY, WHAT HAVE I DONE???????

I made it here in St.Croix...It is so beautiful here and VERY HOT!!! Todd and I went for a half hour run today OH MY, that had to be the hardest run EVER...I am talking hill after hill non-stop pounding...OH and to add to it... the heat at 9 a.m. I could not breath....I am going to have a major potty mouth out there...the cussing I am sure will be non-stop!!! I WILL FINISH...but it will be a long hard struggle out there...I have no hill training and I can forsure feel my body getting into that HURT BOX!!!!!

Today is my 35th Birthday and my son Konor's 7th Birthday HAPPY BIRTHDAY KONOR!!!!!(Best B present ever).......All I wanted to do was lay in the sun...go shoppig and go out for a nice dinner.....Well the sun was hidding behind clouds,,,(I swear I bring the bad weather with me) but I still laid by the pool and Todd and I took a nice walk on the beach....Their is not much shopping here, but before I leave I need to find some kind of store,,,so I can bring the kids something back from the Island.......2 STRIKES FOR MY BIRTHDAY So lets hope my dinner is good tonight and see if I can dig up some cake!!!

It is really laid back and simple here...we went to the market to get some fruits and veggies...really expensive and they do not carry any leisure products....NO FRENCH VANILLA CREAM for my coffee...how is a girl suppose to survive with out their normal fancy coffee!! WE are so spoiled in the US!!!!

I have photo's I wanted to post, but I am on Todd's computer (left mine at home so the kids and I can skype eachother)..so not sure how to download them on here, but hoping to figure it out soon!!

HUGS to all for the good luck wishes....I will take all to heart and that will get me through this race..You guys are the BEST!!!!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you made it!! Sounds wonderful. Its a good thing you went a little early to get use to the heat. Beathe deep...you can do it!!!

Trigirlpink said...

Go mel Go mel Go mel



goooooo Mel :-)

BreeWee said...

I can not wait to see you! I plan tot find you today... NO WORRIES... you WILL be fine, one step at a time, one breath at a time and you will finish with a smile!
Happy Birthday Mel! Hope you get vanilla cream soon...

BreeWee said...

MEL!! I hope you get this... Liz & I are meeting in front of your hotel at 9am! Meet us!
Wee

kerri said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Relax, have fun, race your heart out!!!! Then eat tons of cake with lots of sweet gooey icing.

Sam said...

Happy Birthday!

jahowie said...

Good luck!! I know that you will be great.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I hope that you have a great time. I'll watch for the pics and a race report.

Marit C-L said...

Happy Birthday Mel! What an AWESOME present to give to yourself: St Croix 70.3. WONDERFUL!

Don't worry about the potty mouth - dude... it's your blog! And trust me - we've ALL felt this way about races like that. Just go with the flow and remember that EVERYONE is racing the same course, in the same conditions. You are strong, you are fierce, determined, and will push through.

Enjoy the beautiful island and good luck with the coffee thing. Being a French Vanilla kinda gal, I hear your pain. Hang in there birthday girl! Good speedy vibes are sent your way!

HUGE HUG to you. Say hi to Elf and Wee for me! Have FUN!!!!!!!!

Sarah said...

Mel,

I love your blog!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Have a GREAT race and try to have fun in spite of whatever pain happens.

What doesn't kill you...makes you stronger!

GO GIRL!!

:) Sarah

Wes said...

Happy birthday Mel!!! I know some peeps going down were taking their own coffee products! LOL!! I've read that St. Croix is tough, but you are tougher!!! Go get'em, girl!! Woot!!!

Anonymous said...

Aloha Mel,
Wishing you a good race in St Croix. Happy B day. Enjoy the race. Mind over matter with the heat etc...Kick some butt.
Hawaii dolphin boy..Wee's friend

Cy said...

Have a awesome race, and a fantastic birthday. Enjoy the challenge-You'll do great.

Pedergraham said...

Mel:
Happy Birthday!!! Will be cheering for you from here. YOU CAN DO IT!
-Danielle

Trigirlpink said...

Pictures please?? Oh and happy birthday old lady.. ha ha ;-)

Born To Endure said...

Awwww wish I could be there, I was able to go in 2003..it sure is beautiful! Best of luck on your race!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Mel!!! What a great weekend to have a bday and in ST. Croix! you will do just great! ENJOY the day and kick some butt! Jen H. :)

Brooke Myers said...

Hope you are having an amazing race day out there...Way to Go Mel....Can not wait to hear all about your day!!!!