CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

FUN Readers

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

The view from the resort we stayed at!!
The race BURN OUCH :)Todd and I
Climbing tree's, being silly!!
this was the view from our back patio!! Being CRAZY
girls with the drunk boy from London!!! He was trying to get us drunk ;)
Little tipsy :)Sorry Bree, maybe I am a bad influence on you...HA!!!


I LOVE you guys....seriously, it is SO nice to be able to vent on life things/problems and ALL of you can RELATE too...I have had some really AWESOME regular blogger friends and it is super cool that NEW ones have joined us...I will be checking all of your blogs out here really soon.....as soon as I get things settled here at home :)

SO finally I can post some photos..I don't want you guys to think my whole trip was ruined because of the race...Like Bree said sob on it for 48 hours and then move on...so MOVE ON I WILL DO...now I make little jokes about it...Like I felt bad for TODD to stand out there in the Heat waiting for my butt to finish..so I thought I would do him a favor and cut the course short...he he!!!! If you really know me I am really good at taking slams to the gut and laugh about them....the next morning I was indulging myself in Chocolates and Bryan Rhodes (my friend) called to say good-bye and asked what I was doing and I said "shoving chocolate in my face to make me feel better" he said "You can't do that unless you FINISH the race" Hilarious :) SO I guess it is ALWAYS good when you can turn something bad into something funny and be able to laugh at yourself :)

The most joy of the trip was to finally get to meet BREE WEE...she is totally awesome inside and out..if you ever get the chance to meet her..please make sure you go up and say hi...she is so down to earth and really just a regular girl...very approachable :) We got to experience hanging with some really cool pro guys and we also got to experience hanging with some not so cool drunk girls that acted like they were still in high school and ended the party with two of them getting into a cat fight...LOVELY....Bree and I just stood in a corner and got some really good laughs :) One girl(she was from London) was working the room to see which pro guy she could hook up with....she DID NOT SCORE...he he...this was WAY better then people watching in the mall...

It was nice just to hear that even though Bree is this rock star of an athlete...she gets nervous too and also thought the race course was hard (as she stated it was her hardest race) I am so excited to follow her while she keeps climbing to the TOP!!!! Love you Bree...you are too AWESOME :)

Enjoy the photos...and here is too all of us, a much successful year of training and racing!!!!!! Put bad ones behind and get ready to bust butt the next one :)

ALSO THANK YOU FOR THE PRIVATE CHECKING IN EMAILS TOO...You guys are the best and they really did cheer me up :)

22 comments:

Wes said...

Holy crap! I thought I was all HAWT sporting my new tri tramp stamp on my back from this weekend. You out did me ten fold. Why does that not surprise me, you sandbagger? :-)

Glad to see that you've turned the corner on this one. You really do have great things to come, and I'm SOOOOO jealous you got to hang out with all those really cool tri peeps! So unfair!!!! ROFL!!!

jahowie said...

Awesome pics!! You'll have to work on getting those funky tanlines evened out. That looks painful. I'm glad that you made it home safely. It sounds like you had an amazing time despite the problem during the race. At least now you know for sure that you will rock the next one. :-)

Pedergraham said...

thanks for the photos...and ouch on the back! you must be starting to itch!!! I'm sure your kids are glad to see you. Hope you have a quick recovery and get back to training full speed soon.
-Danielle
P.S. Please send leftover chocolate to ME! :)

Shan said...

Hi Melissa!

I've been reading your blog for some time (via Bree Wee's), and I love your honesty, humor and great posts (plus I must say you have the cutest kids!!!). Your photos from St. Croix are great! I'm so sorry to hear that you had a bit of a rough race, I'm SO SO SO HAPPY to see how you've bounced back and have a positive attitude. I've always found that I learn so much more from the "bad" races I've had over the "good" ones. Everything is a learning experience! Can't wait to hear about more of your triathlon endeavors - you are a super Mom and an amazing person!!!

Enjoy your recovery! And I hope it includes a bit of Aloe vera... :)

Cheers,
Shannon

Dolphin Boy said...

Okay Lobster girl. I knew I would be getting a blog from you. So you like my Tshirt? Not as much as I enjoy your tan lines! Haha! your images are really good, espcially the tree climbing attempt in a bikini. So it looks like you didn't have a good race, sorry to hear that. I tried to follow you but lost you on the bike course. Then I remembered they drive on the opposite side of road in St Croix, then remembered you are a blond and put 2 and 2 together!! hehehe!! Its all good. I was worred about Bree too..opposite side of the road would totally throw her off course all confused etc....!! she can't even drive on rite side without running over something say like a lawnmower in front of her!! Anyway, I hope you have other races lined up for summer.Best of luck with them. Glad to hear you have a good attitude about the race. Did Bree Wee pay you to post such nice things about her and your first meeting? You must've had a few drinks in ya when you met Bree. The "joy of your trip was meeting her"? "regular girl whois very approachable"? Bree's head is BIG enough now I have to put up with this when I see her? Good lord!
I hope she wasn't drinking with you crazy girls!!

BreeWee said...

MEL!! Totally miss you! You were so much fun and so amazing and your zest for life is so refreshing! Never lose that.
I have to tell you, crazy drunk man (Paul) was on my flight home! I was teasing him! He thinks your so hot! He has no idea what the marker was on his mouth!
Have fun training for your next race and I will be thinking of you on that swim! Maybe try putting your face in the water...
you are beautiful- never forget that!
PS: thanks for the nice comments... I hope we race together more!

Mira (Ivanovich) Lelovic said...

I love the pictures, even though I now feel so fat! Glad you got over it and went out and did what matters most - the post-race party! You'll be great June 8th!

Trigirlpink said...

You rock... nice sunburn! Great pix. Wish you were doing some of my races. I'll help you follow the run mile markers.. hee hee...
XX gimpy

BreeWee said...

Mel... Pat called me and talked about you for about 3 hrs (slight exaggeration) but he was chatting so much about you... I think he has the hots for you even more now after your sexy photos! ha ha, hope you are happy and well!

Dolphin Boy said...

Whooooa Bree Wee!!!! What are you saying? Mel, don't listen to this crazy girl...she often forgets to take her daily medication. She's confused me with someone else. I don't even like talking on the phone with her anyways! all she talks about is herself..blah blah blah.

Brooke Myers said...

Way to keep positive and looking forward to the next race.
It sucks when you feel like you put so much into your training and the outcome results aren't there.

One race down and I am sure you are going to have plenty more to come...

P.s that sunburn looks painful,and
You and Bree taking shots (good thing for pics. or I would never have believed she gave in) she can harldy handle a sip of beer without falling over)... Ha ha

Jennifer Cunnane said...

Swwwweeeeet! I love the post-race party pics! You have fun like I love to after races. Otherwise, why race? I think you just wanted to end the race early to get to the celebration afterwards right? I want to join up with you and other mutual blogger friends for a 70.3 somewhere - even in kansas toto? Where should we all meet in 2009??? Even if you feel like you let yourself down you were more of a tri champion with how you dealt with the disappointment of not finishing. YOu are a true champ as defined by your attitude and sense of fun.

Marni Sumbal, MS, RD said...

Great pics hot mamma!
When Karel missed his race start for the san antonio road race (his BIG first race of the season) my heart was just broken. The next day he crashed. I think all athletes go through highs and extreme lows. Just like with a bad relationship, we all move on. The worst scenario is an injury that keeps you from doing what you love. Now you can recover and bounce back with a mission to rock the next race. I'm glad you had a smile on your face for the after party :)

Sarah said...

Mel,

DAMN GIRL GET SOME ALOE ON THAT BACK!!! STAT!!!!

So SO SO glad to hear you've turned the corner and can laugh about it. Just remember - don't forget everything.

Just forget the bad and take the good and the lessons with you on your journeys.

Sounds like you had such an AWESOME AWESOME time afterward hanging w/Bree and folks. That's so great you were able to take a little extra time to hang and enjoy the beauty!

Hugs,
S

Eileen Swanson said...

You are SUPER HOT! Love ya tons.....need to chat when you get a moment. I'll email you.

Hope you had an awesome Mother's Day!

E

Kellye Mills said...

I'm so glad to hear that you had a great time, and I love the pictures! You have a great attitude, so keep it up!! :)

kerrie said...

hope you hada great mama's day and that you were treated with extra special! i love your new pics - dang you look hot! i still can't figure out how you managed to have four kids and keep your tummy in tact!
are you back to training yet?

S said...

Hey Mel, I just read one of your comments on Brookes page and I made a comment to both of you and then thought maybe I should leave one here too. When you were talking about going through difficult things etc and trying to be ok with them and accepting them, it made me think of a wonderful book you should read (sorry about my run on sentence). Its called "After the Ecstasy the Laundry" by Jack Kornfield. It gave me so many thoughts and ways to live wonderfully through good and bad. I recommend it. (Some chapters you have to kinda pick and choose with in my opinion, but still good)
Good Luck!
Emily

Cricket said...

Hi Mel- have gotten to know you through Bree & Brooke's blog- sorry to hear about St. Croix- Brooke and I were cheering for you in Florida! You are adorable and I love your zest for life!
Remember everything happens for a reason- it may not make sense at the moment but for some reason that was meant to be your race.
Looking at your burn- God probably wanted you out of the sun! Ha! Ha!
Keep Being You- You're already a winner!

Damie said...

I got your nice note. You are so more than welcome. Great pictures, and glad to see you had fun! Doesn't look like there was much pouting going on! June is coming up...keep training hard. You are going to nail it!
Damie

triguyjt said...

your kids are really cute, melissa....

I got tan lines like that, too!!!! LOL.....

Enjoy your attitude on everything and how you wanted to have a great time, in leiu of the race...

triguyjt said...

hey melissa...pleasae give my best to todd...I remember doing a story about him a few years back...

all the best