CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

FUN Readers

Monday, June 16, 2008

Being someone's training B--ch is a good thing :)

My friend Rebecca has a marathon coming up in 2 weeks and after our softball game yesterday she asked me if I wanted to run 18 miles with her..I said NA..I haven't ran that far in I do not know when!!! When I got home I started thinking why did I say NO to her, I do not have any races coming up and I need to get my butt back out there..I should do it because I am sure it gets boring on those LONG runs when doing it solo...So I called her back and said I was in!! We headed out around 10 a.m. it was wonderful running someone Else's pace...not worrying about pushing it to achieve my results, just being there for a friend and getting her ready for her race.....the weather was perfect and I really enjoyed the workout and it was such a piece of cake to me, so I am knowing my fitness is coming along when you can go run a 18 mile run at a easy pace and not break a sweat :) I feel the need to search and sign up for another race just to get me motivated or just keep being someones training B--ch is fine with me too :) Happy training and if you can be someone's b--ch.....do it..throw yourself out there, to help them reach their goal :)

10 comments:

Dolphin Boy said...

Now you know how I feel with Bree, except she calls me Puppet!! hahaha! Training partners are important and when you need one you are very thankful!!

jahowie said...

You ran 18 miles and didn't break a sweat. We're not worthy, we're not worthy!! :-) I had better get my butt in gear. How did the softball game go?

Wes said...

When I was training for my first marathon, my little sister went out and banged out a twenty miler with me at my pace. She hadn't run in 6 months... Grrrrrrr!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

I need a training b--ch!

Marit C-L said...

You are incredible! WOW - an 18 mile training run - can I hire you as my sherpa??? ;) What a great friend you are and wonderful training partner. Cheers!

kerri said...

Can we rent you?? Then you can travel all over the place. WAIT...WHAT a great job. Why hasn't anybody else thought of this?

Eileen Swanson said...

You are super sweet Mel! So awesome of you!! You are no puppet like Pat, so don't listen to him ;-) LOL

Love ya,
E

Steve Stenzel said...

Nice job, training b--ch!!!

Sarah said...

WOW! "Oh yeah, I just went out and ran 18 miles this morning...what did you do?" ;)

Damn, Mel! That's awesome!

I agree sometimes being the training b**ch is a nice change from being the one training.

Way to go! You were super sweet to be there for her!

Trigirlpink said...

hello??? No update this week???
:-)