CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

FUN Readers

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Family Fun day at Cedar Point!!!!



Kids on a ride...Hands up!!!

Sleepy Baby!!

Sleepy HUSBAND.....MEN!!!

Visit with Snoopy!!

The Family and Grandma too!!
Yesterday was perfect...perfect weather, not crowded and well behaved kids :) and not too much bitching from the husband..Ha!!! We left our house around 10:30a.m. and headed to Cedar Point (a yearly trip for us) about a hour away...Cedar Point is known for one of the famous amusement parks in the world....it has some of the fastest, highest coasters around, it really is an unbelievable fun park!!! This year was so much fun as Skylar and Konor are big enough to ride some of the bigger coasters....so we would leave the two little ones in Snoopy land with Grandma, then Todd and I and Skylar and Konor would head off to hit some of the bigger rides...we were skipping around like little kids...I am a roller coaster queen I can handle all of them...some of the smaller spiny kiddie rides do make me a little ill, but I am all ready for the BIG rides....I love to mess with Todd on the hill climbs as he has a little fear of heights and he death gripes the bar and looks scared :) so I on the other hand will get loud and try to peal his hands off...pisses him off, BUT fun for me:) The kids were real troopers and a SMILE never left their faces...
We ended up staying until 9:30p.m. so really a long day on the feet....with a lot of junk food in the tummies and tons of bruises and pulled muscles from the rides (Man, I know I am getting OLD when I can feel EVERY jerk and pull on the rides and say OUCH:) ALL worth the smile on the kids faces :0)
Off for a brick and I am SURE I will feel the tired legs and all the amusement park food rolling around in the belly:)

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww...more BEAUTIFUL family photos! Seriously, do you pay them for the those perfect smiles? Do you guys EVER take a bad photo?! HA!

Sounds like a great day for the family! Heck...you know it's been a good day when you can post "good kids"!!!

Jen said...

Hey Mel...Looks like a great day! Love the photos of the fam!

Anonymous said...

Mel! Great pics and I LOVE amusement parks - well, I did as a kid...we have Great America here, just like Cedar Point, and the kids were there last Friday - good times! :) Jen H.

Damie said...

Hey! Dave and I have always talked about going there...it is on our list of places to visit. It looks like so much fun!

Dolphin Boy said...

No way dude!! I used to work there before moving to Hawaii in 94!
Cedar Point is truly a fun place and even more fun place to work at!! Just a side note: all those summer college kids are probably hung over!! Even the ride operators! haha! oh the stories I could tell about CP!! Goodtimes!!

Nice family picture!! They should use you guys for CP marketing and promo videos!!

Melissa said...

Hey Mel! Sounds like you guys had a blast! Growing up we also did Cedar Point and King's Island every summer, such great memories. My bro worked at CP as a college kid for three summers, and just like Dolphin Boy said....the stories I heard...

Hope your brick went well!

Cricket said...

I love Cedar Point- and we almost went there instead of the Keys this past weekend.
My sister was in an accident on a roller coaster there way back in the 80's...
Great place!
Glad you had a fun day!
You're kids are BEAUTIFUL!

jahowie said...

Great pics!! I can remember my boys on the frog hop ride when they were very young. They loved that thing!! :-) I'm glad that you had a good time.

jahowie said...

Great pics!! I can remember my boys on the frog hop ride when they were very young. They loved that thing!! :-) I'm glad that you had a good time.

Shan said...

OMG I LOVE ROLLER COASTERS!!! Next year will you bring me to Cedar Point with you and your fam? :) There's a great park down here in SoCal - Six Flags Magic Mountain...I keep trying to get my friends to go but they say they're all "motion sick". booo :( I say they're all wussies! hehee

Glad to see all's well with you and your fam! Hope the summer is treating you well! Hugs!

Steve Stenzel said...

Well behaved kids AND a non-bitchy hubby?!? Are you sure you haven't died and gone to heaven?!?!

BreeWee said...

Nice day Mel... love it!

Anonymous said...

Hey Mel ! Sounds like you guys had some great fun!

Can you contact me at my email address below please? I work at Bikeworks in Kona Hawaii and I have some info to pass along to you.

Mahalo!
Linda
lindab@hpbikeworks.com
PS: I know Todd thru a mutual friend. Heard he's racing UM this November. Talk about fun;-)

Kellye Mills said...

What a wonderful day! I'm so glad you guys got some quality family time!

Meredith said...

Mel
thanks for the bday shout out! I do frequent your blog, so thanks for a mention...Oh, good ol Cedar Point...how fun! Somedays I really miss OH.....
:) happy training girl!

Lily on the Road said...

Sounds like the perfect family day!