CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

FUN Readers

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

FAKE IT UNTIL YOU MAKE IT!!!!!!!

Rachael Model face

Mel's Splish
Bree's Muscle Leg's
= FAKE IT...UNTIL YOU MAKE IT :)


It is starting to get cold outside and this is around the time I start to hibernate:) Not really having any racing coming up other than the Racing for Recovery 10k run!! I have been running 10 mile fun runs here and there just to get out and empty the head...It has been nice!!! I have a goal for this 10k race this year as of last year I ran it and was sick so my results were not as well as I wanted it to be....Todd jokily said the other day that I am a total slacker when it comes to working out...and YES that is true...I am never consistent...just some here and there and I wait until the last minute to cram in some good workout right before the race....But I must say when I do get out there to train I do work hard at it!! I don't start off small...I start off running 10 mile runs even if I am training for a 6mile run:)

So the other day...I decided to do some SPEED work thanks to Miss Speedy pants Bree Wee and Rachael Ross they both just competed in the Na Whine Sprint triathlon in Hawaii....Bree won the race and broke the course record and Rachael got third...BUT what amazed me was their SPEED in there running....Bree ran a 5k in the time of 18:11 and Rachael ran 18:53 and this was on TIRED legs they swam and biked prior to this amazing run!!!

So I went out for my normal 10 mile run but wanting to mix it up a little bit...I WANT TO BE RACHAEL AND BREE...I wanted to bust my butt to be speedy :) SO I was going to FAKE IT (being Rachael and Bree) pull my big girl pants up and just GO do the first 5K HARD...SO me and my HIGHLY caffeinated legs hit the trails.... I start to run and feel my legs saying NOOOOO...but I am Bree and Rachael NOT the slacker Melissa... I pump the arms and am cracking up while I am running thinking how silly I must look...but this FAKE IT is going to motivate me to get my bum a movin and if I have to pretend to be speedy then I am going to work at it!!! I tried to avoid my watch until I was reaching the end of the 3 miles...I LOOK down and SHIT it was 18:20 and I still have a little less than a HALF mile to go:( I finished the 5k in 20:13...Not Bree or Rachael but it was fun to FAKE IT and I will keep FAKING IT until I MAKE IT.......Thanks for the motivation girls...you rock:)

17 comments:

Laura said...

SOOOOOO funny Mel! I L-O-V-E the pics too! Maybe we should all try your way and fake it till we can make it, cause it will take a lot of faking to make me go that fast! ;) LOL.

jahowie said...

Cool post. Your faking it would still kick my ass!! So not fair.

Mira (Ivanovich) Lelovic said...

I faked that whole Ironman. Have you decided when you're going to give it a try and where? You don't need to be faking anything - you're AWESOME as is!

Raina said...

I guess I'm gonna have to try this whole faking it thing. Your 5k time rocks!

Lily on the Road said...

Mel, you never fake anything! You are the most incredible Mom, triathlete, pet rescue person, I've ever "virtually" met!!

You are one speedy speedster!

Born To Endure said...

OMG..me too, I want to be like them tooooo!!!!! There like my two most favourite bloggers right now..:-)) I admire them both..you too...keep tri-ing..

Pedergraham said...

I want to borrow Bree's legs next. Are they available next week?

When is the RfR race?

Eric said...

20:13 is pretty damn fast!!!

Anonymous said...

Funny! That's moving chica!!!

As much as i like Bree (shh...dont tell her) and Rachel seems cool (dont know her)...

I think Melissa is a rock star in her own right. So keep being you!

--Travis

rr said...

Mel - your face is cuter! Love the post and the game.. you did it on a trail woman, that's a free minute off right there!! You are going to rock your 10k, can't wait for the report! You will MAKE IT!

RR

BreeWee said...

Oh my gosh, this is absolutely hilarious! You have no idea how GORGEOUS YOU ARE! Seriously, you are beautiful and your face and legs are hot! Thanks for the compliment though...

I am so excited for your 10k, you are all over that! And Mel, believe me, if I could be half as kind as you are and hold together a house FULL of children and a CRAZY long distance IM hubby I would feel like a rock star! I am stumbling on my face with one child and no pets...

20:13, that is damn fast! 4 min. faster than my old time in that same race!!

Love ya Mel!

kerri said...

OH my gosh, Britney and now this..you are way too funny!!! It's true though~ those girls don't realize how much they inspire/motivate us. WHEW...way to go RAMELBREE.

Damie said...

Those pictures are hilarious, Mel! So, so funny. And you are so fast- are you kidding me? I am so scared to even try to run anything fast right now-unless I prepare myself to go home and cry under my bed from being so slow. Okay, good luck in that 10k. Just recreate that feeling of being stronger than you think you are. xxxooo

Anonymous said...

TOO FUNNY! So, when is this 10k? A 20.14 on a 5k course...OK, that is super! :) Still funny. Jen H.
PS I would have picked someone with bigger boobs for my drawings...not yours, clearly. HAHAHAHAHA xoxo

Anonymous said...

Ok, I just re-read that. I don't mean NOT your boobs, HA! I mean, YOU don't need them. I do.
JEN H.

I think the car accident killed my brain cells.

Melissa said...

Hey Mel. Do you still have that itch for doing an IM next year??? I just signed up for IM Louisville......very close to Ohio of course.......

Sarah said...

You are hilarious, Mel. I LOVE reading your posts. :)

You are soooooooo fast maybe I can give you some swim speed and you can give me some run speed?

I loved this because I TOTALLY was thinking that in that Ukiah Tri I did (still have to do that race report) - where i was the first woman and I was like "YOU ARE BREE WEE AND YOU HAVE TO BE FAST LIKE BREE WEE!"

:D

Great job, Mel!