CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

FUN Readers

Monday, September 15, 2008

New addition to the family :)


GIZMO....THE NEW BABY:)

MAZY THE 26LB CAT:)

IRONMAN THE HUNTER CAT :)

My kids are in LOVE with animals, if they could... they would give every animal a home!! Well we know that is impossible to be able to save every animal...and I have to explain that to them, but their intentions are good:) They were saving their money to donate to a animal shelter...There is a commercial that is shown quit a bit on TV ...My Madison cries every time it comes on...it shows abounded and abused animals while a sad song is being played and you can not feel any thing but sadness for these innocent animals....We collected information on donating, but I get a little sketchy on where the money really goes and what it is used for!!!! So the kids continued on saving their money and I told them we will know when the time is right!!!!

Konor wanted to go the animal store just to "LOOK"....so Todd took the kids.....I get a call 30 mins later from Skylar and saying "Mom there is this adorable kitten, that she wants badly" Me: "Skylar we already have 2 cats" Todd didn't want to be the "NO" parent so left the decision up to me......I tried to give all the reason of "WHY" we should not get it...1.getting new carpet in one week...2. we already have two grown cats that won't like a little monster joining them..3.the BIG ONE...I would be the one to take care of it!!! SO the SUCKER I am agreed to at least go "LOOK" at it...the kids know me well...I would fall in LOVE with it and the deal would be done:) I have ALWAYS been a cat lover...I took EVERY stray cat in when I was a kid..I would sneak them through my bedroom window :)


So off to the store we go...I was not too thrilled to get a kitten from the "pet store" as a way for them to make money....but I was relieved that they were actually coming from the Humane Society and the store (or outside source) was not making any money....This poor little kitten was in a tiny cage by himself and was begging for attention...Some A-HOLE cut his whiskers off, so that to me showed some kind of abuse....How can people do such a thing to a harmless animal????...I was SUCKERED..I feel in love with him with the first hold....he purred and was so happy to be held...he won our hearts:) A new home he will go!!!!


$100.00 the kids had to collect with their allowance and tip bucket...I thought that was pricey for a kitten..but I guess that is to cover his shots and neutered....Now the kids tell the story of saving a little kitties life and giving him a fun, loving home...instead of him living in a tiny spaced cage with no loving contact!!! I said good thing they do not have little babies in stores like that or I WOULD BE IN BIG TROUBLE...BIG SUCKER FOR NEWBORN BABIES...LOVE EM:)


Here is the scoop on the new little baby...his name is Gizmo (Gizzy for short) he is 8 weeks old...cut off whiskers :( Full of energy and loves to snuggle and carries paper around AND IS LOVED!!!!! My house is officially a ZOO :)

23 comments:

kerrie said...

i love how the guys always try to pull that trick, make us be the ones who say 'no'!!!! what a cute little baby!!! i would have done the same thing - i'm such a sucker for abused/shelter animals that we have three cats as well, and two dogs, and a tortoise and other odds and ends.

Eric said...

No one ever wants to be "the no parent" LOL!!!

Lily on the Road said...

Oh Mel, I'm soooo glad that the kidlettes called! Gizzy deserves a kind and loving home...he is adorable!!

I've always had a ton of pets...when I was younger and still lived at home, I was for ever dragging animals in the door...my parents got use to it and finally gave up....it was my own personal petting zoo!

Good job Mel on teaching your kids respect for animals...I knew I liked you for a reason :-)

good too that they had to save their own money ... that's a great idea!

Wes said...

Can I send you three of my four dogs ;-) LOL!!! I, too, love animals. I would take in a bunch of I had room. I would think my pack of hounds would be VERY unhappy with that at this point though...

Marni Sumbal, MS, RD said...

sooo cute! I have been begging Karel for a new kitten. Can you tell me what your kids say to you to convince you? maybe your pic of Gizmo will work :)

LoveOfShoes said...

He is such a cutie! I have been fighting the urge to get myself a little kitty, but I would just feel so badly keeping it in my teeny NYC apartment!

TriGirl Kate O said...

I love that Gizzy's ears look too big for his head. What a cutie.

jahowie said...

Very cute. It's funny seeing your black cat in the sink. We have a black cat, Murphy, and he is always in the sink. He meows until we turn the water on so that he can have a drink. He is too good to drink out of his bowl of course. LOL!!

jahowie said...

Very cute. It's funny seeing your black cat in the sink. We have a black cat, Murphy, and he is always in the sink. He meows until we turn the water on so that he can have a drink. He is too good to drink out of his bowl of course. LOL!!

Damie said...

Ha! Sucker! Welcome to the family- I am a sucker too. :) I think it is an incredible, valuable lesson to your kids in empathy that they will never get anywhere else. Completely, totally awesome. I know deep down you are proud. xxxoooo

Damie said...

Ha! Sucker! Welcome to the family- I am a sucker too. :) I think it is an incredible, valuable lesson to your kids in empathy that they will never get anywhere else. Completely, totally awesome. I know deep down you are proud. xxxoooo

rr said...

Oh man, he is so adorable.. I wouldn't have been able to leave him either. SO cute! Congrats on the new addition.

Laura said...

I am totally the same way Mel! Memphis is a tough place to live when you want to save every animal. I stop every time I see a dog out wondering around.

In fact just yesterday two chows were wondering around in the street near my house and I honked and carried on like a crazy person to make sure some bozo in a HUGE pick-up truck wouldn't hit them. They wouldn't come to me to check their tags and ran off when I rang doorbells of the houses on the street, otherwise we may have had some friends for the night. You can't save them all, but you can make a difference to one (or three in your case ;)!

Shan said...

OMG that kitty is SO CUTE!! I am also a sucker for cats, and am a huge animal lover in general. My boyfriend suckered me into getting a new kitten last winter and I was so against it for the longest time (because our older cat is kind of grumpy), but once I found Harley (named after the loudness by which she purrs), my heart just melted...many cat fights later, the two finally get along and it's tons of fun having 2 cats!

But the best part is the deal that I made with Stephen that he has to clean the litter box all the time...mwah ha ha!!!

Congrats on the new addition!!!! Keep the kitty away from the new rug! :)

Cheers!

Melissa said...

Ohh, he's such a cutie pie! Who ever thinks you can just "look" at the pet store, is that possible? That would be a feat in self-control! Gizmo is now the luckiest kitty around.

Ugh, that commercial...hate it! It's Sarah McGloughlin (sp?) in the background, makes me cry everytime. Thank goodness for DVR.

Good luck with the new-cat-transition-period!

BreeWee said...

Gizmo... YOU ARE A LUCKY little guy, your new family is SUPER!

Nice on ya Mel, your heart never ceases to amaze me... I bet your home is FULL to the brim now!

Anonymous said...

daisey is still available !
But then Nikki probley won't let her go now!
~Tesa

Pedergraham said...

I could not let Lelia look at your post today. She has been telling people we are getting two cats! And that new little kitty of yours...oh wow how cute. I would have let her spend her allowance on it but unfortunately she does not understand money yet and every time she has some, she gives it away. (She overheard Andrew and I talking about the price of heating oil the other day and told me she would give the oil man her dollar to pay for it.) I hope that you and the kids really enjoy Gizmo and that your hubby brings you some flowers for making you be the "Yes" parent. :)

Trigirlpink said...

Oh.. MY.. God... I am IN LOVE WITH GIZZY! Your other kitties are cuties too! I remember seeing one of them in the back to school pix roaming around the yard!

MORE GIZ-a-roini pix PLEASE!!!!!!

Paul said...

Cute!!!

Eileen Swanson said...

OMG MEL! I love you and your famlily! You absolutely touched my heart and made me cry! You know how I am with animals too. I would have done the same. So HAPPY for lil Gizmo, he is SOOOO LUCKY!! Tell all your kids I said they are amazing and thank you for rescuing lil G ;-)

Love,
E

Marit C-L said...

I LOVE Gizmo - what a GREAT name! I think he's a Mackeral Tabby Cat - just like Tabbitha. He'll be big. But maybe not as big as Mazie! They are SO CUTE! Thanks for rescuing a kitty... :)

Sarah said...

Mel,

You are my hero. :) I love how you taught your kids about saving and the responsibilities of having pets. I grew up with a house CHOCK-FULL of pets (inside and out!) and I LOVED it. But my parents made me save up for stuff, too, and it was such a good lesson.

That kitty is sooooooooooo cute!!! AND we had a cat named Gizmo who we called Gizzy. I loved him soooooooooooooooooo much. He really was such a great cat and I still miss him.

THat's awesome! :D