CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

FUN Readers

Monday, April 6, 2009

Signed up...NOW give me some MOTIVATION!!!




I am signed up ...MEANING I can not back out.....Let the truth be told I kept battling if I was even going to race this year...going through personal issues...racing was really the last thing on my mind..BUT after following the races this weekend...I WANT TO DO IT..I need a focus and something to motivate me..My bike has been hung up since July of 08(I know bad) and I swim here and there(again bad).... and run only when we have nice weather..which speaking of...IT SNOWED TODAY...WTH??? That is real motivating and wanting me to get out there and train..
Todd was on his way home today after doing the New Orleans Ironman and asked if I wanted to swim tomorrow with him...I said na and he laughed...........I know eventually I will have to put the work in...but I am feeling really lazy....I have a half Ironman June 7th I am thinking of doing...so I need to get the bike down and clean the cob webs off ;) I read blogs and FB messages and watch Todd train everyday and with all of you doing hours and hours of training and participating in tri camps...and think WOW I wish I was motivated and hard core like that.....but I am not...ha!! I can't follow a training schedule...I guess I like to only workout when I feel like it...maybe that's why I STINK ..!! SO there it is, I am signed up for 2 half Ironmans..1 Olympic tri and wanting to do a marathon...just not sure which one yet!! So second year of racing and hoping it will be a lot better than last year:) Put a fire under my butt and bring it on!!!!

16 comments:

Raina said...

Well, let me be the first to say "Go Mel!!!" I am so impressed with you and love reading your blogs. You are going to be great! Besides, if you don't do it, you will have ALL of us to explain it to, haha!! How's that for motivation?

Pedergraham said...

Go Mel!

Shelley said...

Good for you! Hope you enjoy it.

Lily on the Road said...

You know what you're doing! You'll be fine, now, go gettem girl!!

Ward said...

You'll do just fine.. don't sweat the small stuff!

JC said...

Yeah!!!! So glad you signed up. I can't believe you have a 1/2 on June 7th and haven't been training that hard. You are a BRAVE lady, but for someone who can knock-off 7 min/miles for 12 miles just because, I'm sure you will be AMAZING!!! I wish that was the case for me. So if you need someone to count down the weeks with you until June 7th, I'm your gal.
Woohoo Kick some butt:)

Laura said...

Exciting!! I REALLY wanted to do that one - my aunt lives there - but unfortunately it is the same weekend as the duathlon my team puts on so it's a no go for me. You'll have to tell me how it goes.

Now go swim - at least it's an indoor activity, right? ;)

Damie said...

I am glad you signed up:) I really wanted to do that race too, but something else got scheduled...BOOOOOO!!!! that would have been so much fun to meet. BTW, I was bragging about you last week- what a fast runner you are...super b-ball coach...awesome spirit. :) I hope you knee gets better? What is going on? okay...this will get better, don't give up. Thanks for all of your support too.

Wes said...

Sweet! I'm thinking about signing up for Augusta if Dee Dee takes this job. It would be great to see you there!!!

Chelley Klatt said...

Woot! Go Mel!!! You can do it girl. I am proud of you signing up for so much, sometimes training is the best medicine for feeling like life is straight. It gives me time to really think things out and make plans! You ROCK!

Miss you BFF!

BreeWee said...

YOU ROCK!!!!

Way to go Mel, so proud of you! AMAZING...

I have a plan, sign up for the Kona Marathon (June), it might be too soon, or the Honolulu Marathon (December)... then you get to visit Hawaii! OR... let's go some place fun... I am all about a marathon, but coach never lets me run one till December once tri-season is over...

Take care and have a GREAT week!

Trigirlpink said...

I have to go look to see when that is! Anywhoooooo. Get crackin'!

Raina said...

Hey girl! Me again. Thanks for stopping by and catching up with my crazy life. E-mail me soon so that we can chat about our "similarities". :)

Mira (Ivanovich) Lelovic said...

Way to go! You took the first step, you signed up. I'm confident you'll be good and ready come race day. Hope that stinkin' winter finally ends for you up there so you can get outside.

Jennifer Harrison said...

OH YEAH BABYYYYY! Now I will be all over your ass about this!!! I am glad you jumped in! :)))

Trigirlpink said...

I'm waiting to hear about the birthday party with 11 kids! Pix too!!!!! :-) Maybe your in recovery mode, napping.